Grad School Help! Reformed Theological Seminary vs. Biola's Talbot School of Theology

RTS v Talbot

• Reformed Theological Seminary

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Talbot School of Theology

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an RTS Hybrid student, so I take a fare amount of RTS Global courses in addition to my residential courses. I can certainly attest to both the rigor and Reformed/Biblical Fidelity. How much of the theological curriculum would mesh with your vocation would be for you to determine (which I see from a previous post on this forum you've already addressed). As far as the quality of education however, top notch to be sure.

I'm an RTS Hybrid student, so I take a fare amount of RTS Global courses in addition to my residential courses. I can certainly attest to both the rigor and Reformed/Biblical Fidelity. How much of the theological curriculum would mesh with your vocation would be for you to determine (which I see form a previous post on this forum you've already addressed). As far as the quality of education however, top notch to be sure.

Thank you for sharing!

The cynic in me thinks that MacArthur was itching to start his own school and "decided" that Talbot was "getting wobbly" on inerrancy as the reason to do so. I could be wrong. When I was there in the early 1990s, the school was solid on the subject. Still is, as far as I know.

Dennis McF posted something about it here years ago. I think maybe there was supposed to be an extension site or something like that at Grace and it ended up turning into a new seminary.

Dennis McF posted something about it here years ago. I think maybe there was supposed to be an extension site or something like that at Grace and it ended up turning into a new seminary.

I have a vague memory of that, too. A long time ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back