Great Calvin Conference Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
I just received the CD with the recent 500 Years in Retrospect A 21st Century Assessment at GPTS. Wow! Great MP3s!!!
Brevity and Clarity: John Calvin the Theologian - Dr. Carl Trueman
Calvin's Principles of Government in the Venues of Church and State - Dr. David Hall
John Calvin's New Testament Commentaries - Dr. George Knight
John Calvin: Theologian of Head, Heart, Hands - Dr. James McGoldrick
John Calvin: The Theologian of the Holy Spirit - Dr. Joel Beeke
Calvin the Preacher - Dr. Joseph Pipa, Jr.
Of Doorposts and Hinges: Calvin on Union with Christ - Dr. Mark Garcia
Calvin's Legacy Economic Policy - Dr. Timothy Terrell
Christ the Sacramentalist - Pastor Ian Hamilton
"Christian Philosophy" in John Calvin - Dr. Paul Helm
Calvin the Liturgist - Dr. Terry Johnson
Questions & Answers #1 - Dr. Terry Johnson/Dr. C.N. Willborn/Dr. David
HallQuestions and Answers #2 - Dr. Carl Trueman, Dr. Mark Garcia, Dr. Joseph Pipa, Jr.

Not bad for $35! The next best thing to being at the conference.

I was there! So was Nicap!

If you can spare another $35, get last year's series on eschatology. Derick Thomas' lecture on the doctrine of hell is worth the price by itself.

When I ordered mine, they did not have it on their online system yet.

I e-mailed Roland Mattews ([email protected]). Here was his reply:

Thank you for your inquiry. I can process your order. I will need the
following:

Credit card number and related information
Billing address for the credit card
Name as it appears on the card
Shipping address (if it is different from the billing address)

If you intend to pay with a check, please make a check out to "GPTS" in
the amount of $35.00. Mail the check to:

Presbyterian Bookshop
P. O. Box 770
Taylors, SC 29687

We will mail the CD to you as soon as we receive payment.

Your servant in Christ,

Roland

WOW!

Having attended the Calvin Conference at Westminster CA and having worked through about 9 of the lectures at the GPTS Calvin conference from last month (courtesy of MP3), I want to make a couple of comments.

* I am an unabashed fan of Horton and Clark. They are GREAT scholars. The Westminster conference lived up to my expectations in every way as one might expect from a first rate seminary.

* The GPTS MP3s are downright amazing! Whatever Pipa is doing is petty impressive, judged by the conference he puts on at the school.

-- Carl Trueman has forgotten more about Calvin than most of the members of this board will ever know! His lecture was of a piece with his other work on Calvin.
-- Mark Garcia is a goldmine of information on Union with Christ in Calvin! Very effective lecture!!!
-- Joey Pipa is just plain good and VERY satisfying as a preacher. I thoroughly enjoyed and learned from his address.
-- Beeke is rapidly becoming one of my most favorite Reformed teachers. He combines amazing erudition with a heart on fire for God.

Frankly, there is not a clinker in the bunch! This is a great selection of lectures for the Calvin retrospective year. Dr. Pipa and GPTS is to be congratulated on producing one of the finest programs in a year of great programs.

This past weekend Dr. Carl Trueman and Dr. Sean Michael Lucas were here in CT for the Connecticut Valley Conference on Reformed Theology. The conference was on Calvin.

You can listen to these outstanding messages. They are now available on SermonAudio.com:

Sermons on Calvin

Last edited:
This past weekend Dr. Carl Trueman and Dr. Sean Michael Lucas were here in CT for the Connecticut Valley Conference on Reformed Theology. The conference was on Calvin.

You can listen to these outstanding messages. They are now available on SermonAudio.com:

Sermons on Calvin

These look GREAT! Thanks for the link! I downloaded all seven already.

You're welcome. It was an excellent conference. Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back