Great Software?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by fredtgreco, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sastark

sastark Puritan Board Graduate

Although I have not used this software for that purpose, I know it can do recordings and I know it does not have a time limit built in - you are limited by the amount of space available on your hard drive. So, I think it could be used as you describe. It's a pretty cool little program.

2. skellam

skellam Puritan Board Freshman

Another great free application that some may find useful is called Hamachi. The full usefulness of the program may not be immediately apparent but it is basically a zero-configuration VPN service. After you install it and log in to the hamachi server, you basically have fully encrypted, secure access to your home network from anywhere in the world. It assigns you an IP address in the 5.x.x.x range. For two computers with Hamachi running, it appears that they are on the same LAN no matter where they are. You can use this to access files on your home computer, you can fire up your iTunes on Windows or Mac and share it with your laptop on the road, you can access your printer remotely, you can combine it with VNC client and securely access your desktop.

3. danmpem

danmpem Puritan Board Junior

True, but it's not the hard disk that would be your first limitation - it would be your RAM and pagefile capacity. This is where your audio is first recorded, and then when it is saved, it goes to your hard disk. You can save as many files as you want until you fill up your hard disk, but each recording is limited to the space of RAM and the pagefile (which is just some hard drive space used to supplement the RAM).

4. Wannabee

Wannabee Obi Wan Kenobi

Perhaps there's another program that can do it better, But I've found ACT! to be a great database for contacts. Form letters, history, calendar, phone calls, emails, etc, can all be recorded as you're doing it. You can make a call through your computer, and it records the event. It records every letter you send to someone. All contacts can be separated into single or multiple lists (i.e. members, visitors, family...). Birth dates, weddings, etc., can all be inserted and it will remind you. It also comes with software for handhelds and can sync.

5. Broadus

Broadus Puritan Board Freshman

6. danmpem

danmpem Puritan Board Junior

Hiren's Boot CD. It is a DOS Bootable CD that does everything a DOS bootable CD shouldn't.
    I just used it last night when my friend's logon password for Windows stopped working. We reset it using Hiren's.

7. fredtgreco

fredtgreco Vanilla Westminsterian Staff Member

8. fredtgreco

fredtgreco Vanilla Westminsterian Staff Member

9. Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis 2 Timothy 2:24-25 Staff Member

10. Broadus

Broadus Puritan Board Freshman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.