Great to be a European

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
Britain has sold it's birthright for a bowl of European pottage. The EU is undemocratic and the sooner the UK can reclaim some of its sovereignty back the better. I never have, and most likely never will, be pro-EU. However there is one day that seems to happen every couple of years that I think its great to be European. Strangely enough it always seems to coincide with the end of the Ryder Cup. Commiserations to all Americans.

I must admit I thought we were dead and buried but thanks to Ian Poulter's magnificent round on Saturday it seemed to inspire the whole team for an exciting and memorable victory. Makes up for 1999 at Brookline which still rankled a bit. Roll on Gleneagles 2014

I live about 20 miles from Medinah where the Cup was played. Two F-15 Eagles were flying around one day and I thought they were tailing a hostile airliner. I found out later they were entertaining a bunch of crazy, uppity golfers................. I just watched The Battle of Britain the other night. What a display of loyalty and courage........

Pity our cricket team doesn't show the same grit and determination as our golfers. If present trends continue we won't need the rest of Europe for the Ryder cup!

Battle of Britain, a great film about this country's finest hour and the tremendous bravery of the few.

It used to be up until the 1970s that the Ryder Cup was just GB v USA, then it became UK and Ireland v USA and now of course its Europe v USA in the present format of foursomes, fourballs and singles. But its really only since it became Europe v USA that the team from this side of the pond have began to dominate over the last dozen years or so.

What a great group of Euro golfers. They know how to play as a team. A moving and gracious closing ceremony speech by the Euro captain as well.

Stuart - thanks, I thought it had always been Europe. Probably best for me to keep to cricket posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back