Featured Greetings and Hello!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by accurtis1996, Feb 14, 2017.

1. accurtis1996

accurtis1996 Puritan Board Freshman

Hello everyone! I've read this board for the last year, have been a member for a few months, but am just now getting to posting and introducing myself. Well, I am Austin, I was raised in a Christian household, and have been saved from a young age. I've been brought up in Calvinistic Baptist congregations throughout my life, and subscribe to the London Baptist Confession 1689. While I have never been to a "Reformed Baptist" church, my dad, mother, brother, and I all follow the reformed faith. I am also a freshman in college, studying English, and believe that the Lord is calling me into the ministry. My pastor here at school as well as my home church pastor are both mentoring me, and testing my call, which is a great help. The men and women on this forum have been a great help in growing in the reformed faith, and I look forward to interacting with and getting to know everyone!

2. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Senior

Welcome!
    Glad to have you aboard!

3. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings.

4. Southern Presbyterian

Southern Presbyterian Moderator Staff Member

Salutations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Branson

Branson Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome

6. PhilA

PhilA Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome

7. Cymro

Cymro Puritan Board Junior

Welcome, and a cause of rejoicing that the the Lord is still raising up labourers.

8. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

9. mgkortus

mgkortus Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome Austin. Where do you attend college? I like that your signature says you are a Particular Baptist - I believe that name is more helpful than "Reformed Baptist."

10. Stolarczyk

Stolarczyk Puritan Board Freshman

It is really nice to meet you Austin. I can identify with you regarding holding to the Reformed Baptist faith, even though I do not attend a Reformed Baptist church. Unfortunately there aren't many of them around.

11. accurtis1996

I attend the University of Pittsburgh, at the Bradford, PA campus. It's a rural campus, and it cost a little less then the main campus in Pittsburgh. Gotta save money however I can! And I agree wholeheartedly, I believe that instead of "Reformed Baptist," or "little r" Reformed, taking the name Particular Baptist helps show our beliefs, as well as allow us to remember those great, godly, men who wrote our confession and held to a biblical baptist faith.

12. accurtis1996

The closest Reformed Baptist church to me is around 200 miles away, and it is actually Grace Baptist in Carlisle, PA. So I would love to make a trip to visit that great church, and The Banner of Truth while I'm there :) I can't afford that trip on a college budget. Maybe sometime this summer! But for now, the reformed faith is a personal study.

13. BGF

BGF Puritan Board Sophomore

Hello and welcome Austin!

14. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable Staff Member

Welcome to PB, Austin. We are looking forward to fruitful discussions with you in the future.

15. Unworthy_Servant

Unworthy_Servant Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome, Austin.

16. reaganmarsh

reaganmarsh Puritan Board Senior

Welcome from a fellow Baptist! :wink: The PB is a great place to grow in the Lord.

All the best in your studies and discerning of God's will for your service!

Grace to you.

17. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Junior

Welcome from a fellow Curtis ;)

18. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome to the PB, Austin. :welcome:

19. YRRSBCGuy

YRRSBCGuy Puritan Board Freshman

Greetings Austin! I am praying for you today as you seek the Lords calling on your life.