Greetings Brethren

Status
Not open for further replies.

David073

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all and thank you for having me on this forum. My name is David and I’m from New Jersey. I grew up in SoCal (Southern California) in a non-religious home, but came to embrace a satanic atheistic worldview. This basically means that I loved what satan represented, but didn’t believe what any religious book taught. It wasn’t until I was 17 years old that the Lord began to work in me. I ultimately was converted sitting under the preaching of a pastor in a Southern Baptist “mega church” in November of 2008. As time went on I began to grow disenchanted with that church do to unbiblical practices being done there. After speaking with the various pastors left a bad taste in my mouth I realized that I would need to be finding a new church home soon. It was around that time that I began to embrace Calvinism and reformed theology. Thankfully during this trying period I met the woman who would be my wife online and I moved to NJ to marry her. We tried finding a solid church close to our apartment, but decided to try a church with a minister from the Master’s Seminary. Due to changing convictions from my studies in the word of God I began to be convinced of paedobaptism, and left that church and became a member of an OPC church near us. After being member for a little over two years I began to embrace exclusive acapella psalmody, and a stricter subscription to the orginal Westminster standards. After much discussion with my pastor and the session we found it was best for my family and I to seek out a church that fits that description. Currently my family and I are members of an RPCNA in Pennsylvania since their practices and adherence to the standards are closest with ours, though we would say that we identify closest with the Free Church of Scotland Continuing. Hopefully this introduction wasn’t too long winded, but if you actually took the time to get to know who I am, thank you. I am just a man who loves the Lord and seeks to glorify Him as best I could according to His revealed will, and am always willing to reform myself and my theology if that means getting to know the Lord better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.L. Allen

Puritan Board Sophomore
Welcome to the Board. I enjoyed reading your testimony. Mine is somewhat similar. I hope PB is an enriching place for you.

Do y'all have plans of making your way to the Free Church Continuing at some point?

David073

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome to the Board. I enjoyed reading your testimony. Mine is somewhat similar. I hope PB is an enriching place for you.

Do y'all have plans of making your way to the Free Church Continuing at some point?

Thank you very much brother! I used to have a Facebook and was in a lot of reformed groups, but decided to delete my account since I found myself flocking to threads as opposed to the Bible as a priority. I certainly hope I can find a comfortable balance by putting first things first. We’ve actually been praying for an FCC to be planted somewhere near us when we first started to be convinced of a stricter adherence to the confession and thankfully the Lord provided. As of right now there are discussions being had for an FCC somewhere near Philadelphia. I’ve talked to my pastor as well as those involved with the plant and after much more prayer we will be moving to the FCC as soon as it’s established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.