Greetings from a musician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all!

I'm new to this 'posting' business, but I'm so excited to be a member of the Puritan Board! I've heard a lot of about it, and now at last I can be part of it.

First off, my name is Anne and I've grown up in a Reformed Christian family. I hold to the westminster Standards. I'm a member of the PCA, but if there was a CREC church in my town I would go there =) I'm 21 and a Junior at the University of Columbia-Missouri, where I am pursuing my B.M. in classical piano performance on the track to becoming a concert pianist.

Other interesting things: I sketch in charcoal and graphite, as well as paint in oils, dance ballet and ball room, sing, write, and read a great deal. My parents gave me a classical home school education, so I'm one of those Great Books people. I love languages and am fairly fluent in Italian. I've also studied Anglo-Saxon, Latin, Old Icelandic (Norse), and J. R. R. Tolkien's invented "art languages" (Quenya, Sindarin, and the rest).

I'm a member of the Mythopoeic Society (any members here?). I plan to attend the 40th MythCon in CA this summer, let me know if I'll see you there!

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
Anne,

Welcome!

Please click on the signature requirements link at the bottom of this post and set up your signature.

Sono lieto che si sono qui.

Thanks.

Dearly Bought

Puritan Board Junior
:welcome: Glad to have you! I do want to mention a warning to stay away from the CREC. There is a dangerous denial of the Gospel circulating in that federation.

Anne

Puritan Board Freshman
I wasn't expecting so many replies so fast! Thank you! Grazie, Herald, anch'io =)

And whoa, Dearly Bought, a debate already? I dearly love the CREC, and find your statement surprising. Are you familiar with Douglas Wilson or Dr. Peter Leithart?

Theognome

Burrito Bill
Hello all!

I'm new to this 'posting' business, but I'm so excited to be a member of the Puritan Board! I've heard a lot of about it, and now at last I can be part of it.

First off, my name is Anne and I've grown up in a Reformed Christian family. I hold to the westminster Standards. I'm a member of the PCA, but if there was a CREC church in my town I would go there =) I'm 21 and a Junior at the University of Columbia-Missouri, where I am pursuing my B.M. in classical piano performance on the track to becoming a concert pianist.

Other interesting things: I sketch in charcoal and graphite, as well as paint in oils, dance ballet and ball room, sing, write, and read a great deal. My parents gave me a classical home school education, so I'm one of those Great Books people. I love languages and am fairly fluent in Italian. I've also studied Anglo-Saxon, Latin, Old Icelandic (Norse), and J. R. R. Tolkien's invented "art languages" (Quenya, Sindarin, and the rest).

I'm a member of the Mythopoeic Society (any members here?). I plan to attend the 40th MythCon in CA this summer, let me know if I'll see you there!

f you love languages, then chat with my Purdiestness (Toni AKA Knoxienne). She speaks them all.

Theognome

greenbaggins

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings, Anne, from a fellow classical pianist (B.Mus. from St. Olaf college in piano performance) and Tolkien fanatic.

Jimmy the Greek

Puritan Board Senior
Welcome to the PB family.

:banana:

FYI, from what I know, CREC is associated with Federal Vision theology, which is deemed unconfessional and unacceptable by this board.

Anne

Puritan Board Freshman
ExGentibus! Sei di Perugia! Grazie per la benvenuta, piacere! (Devo practicare il mio Italiano)

he beholds

Puritan Board Doctor
The only Italian I remember is inappropriate for anyone but the mafia, so I'll just say hello and welcome.
: )

timmopussycat

Puritan Board Junior
:welcome: to the PB from another classically trained musician (University of Toronto BMus trombone).

Many people on this board know the CREC and the works of Doug Wilson and Peter Leithart, some have been very involved in discussions on the matter. You may want to use the board's search function to bring yourself up to speed on past discussions here.

Scott1

Puritanboard Commissioner
This is a good place to learn reformed theology and grow in grace toward one another.

:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.