Greetings from a musician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archlute

Puritan Board Senior
Anne,

Welcome from a B.Mus in Classical Guitar, and also from one who is unfortunately surrounded by the influence of the CREC, and who has Leithart in my presbytery. You will receive much encouragement from me on the former, but encouragement to pursue better theologians on the latter.

Anne

Puritan Board Freshman
I see I have a lot of catching up to do, please forgive how slow a learner I am of discussion board things! There are so many buttons =)

There's seems to be quite a to-do about Leithart, CREC and FV. To be honest, I don't know enough about FV to discuss it. The reason why I said I "dearly love the CREC" is because I've personally met Leithart and Wilson, have grown up listening to their sermons, and simply have not experienced a more beautiful worship in my brief life time. Leithart's church, Trinity, especially has absolutely wonderful liturgy and I'm sure you all would agree with that.

And regarding FV, I know it's not supposed to be talked about on this board and yet there's a discussion thread...could someone direct me as to the expected mannerisms here? I don't want to commit another faux pas.

All of the welcomes I've received are very encouraging. One of the reasons I joined the PB is the lack of reformed Christians where I live, and therefore lack of the kind of conversations I'm interested in. I look forward "friending y'all," as they say here in Missouri =)

Last edited:

kalawine

Puritan Board Junior
I see I have a lot of catching up to do, please forgive how slow a learner I am of discussion board things! There are so many buttons =)

There's seems to be quote a to-do about Leithart, CREC and FV. To be honest, I don't know enough about FV to discuss it. The reason why I said I "dearly love the CREC" is because I've personally met Leithart and Wilson, have grown up listening to their sermons, and simply have not experienced a more beautiful worship in my brief life time. Leithart's church, Trinity, especially has absolutely wonderful liturgy and I'm sure you all would agree with that.

And regarding FV, I know it's not supposed to be talked about on this board and yet there's a discussion thread...could someone direct me as to the expected mannerisms here? I don't want to commit another faux pas.

All of the welcomes I've received are very encouraging. One of the reasons I joined the PB is the lack of reformed Christians where I live, and therefore lack of the kind of conversations I'm interested in. I look forward "friending y'all," as they say here in Missouri =)

Welcome Anne! Poor Anne! :lol: She barely got her foot in the door and she's engaged in a debate! Let's go easy on her now. :D

Calvinist Cowboy

Puritan Board Junior
Don't worry, Anne. We may seem vicious, but we're really not...except for e-Texas. Our beloved state gave up on him years ago.

By the way, :welcome:

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist

You can feel free to post honest questions about the FV on that section of the forum. One of the Moderators here who has done lots of work defending the Reformed faith against the FV saw your opening post and went out of his way to greet you warmly, so keep that in mind :).

As a member of the PCA you will eventually learn that your own denomination as well as most if not all of the other large Reformed denominations have condemned the FV as false teaching. Here's the PCA report, which is a bit technical

PCA Position Papers : Report...on Federal Vision, New Perspective, and Auburn Avenue Theologies [2007]

and it ends with a reminder to all the Sessions and Presbyteries in the PCA that they have a duty to condemn the FV and make sure those in their care are not taught the FV.

Very welcome from me as well!!

Anne

Puritan Board Freshman
I've talked with several members here already, and people have been most helpful. Thank you for your post and the link as well!

-Anne

moral necessity

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome, Anne! I've benefitted much from my time here on the board, and I'm sure you will as well. Blessings and warm fellowship!

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
Welcome, Anne. There are many sound ministers on this board and much information to be gleaned from ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.