Greetings from Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneapo

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello everyone, it's good to know there's such a thing as a Puritan board forum.

Here's a short intro about me:
My name is Felipe, 22 years old and I'm from the country of Brazil. As most of you, I myself am a reformed believer and I'm currently a member of a Baptist church with reformed doctrine. I study Computer Science at university and my main hobby is playing and watching football/soccer, which is probably not surprising considering I'm from Brazil.

Hopefully I can participate in great discussions over here.
Soli Deo Gloria

Guido's Brother

Puritan Board Junior
Obrigado!

It's really interesting to know you've been in my country preaching a few times. I live near the city of São Paulo, a bit far from Recife.

I was in São Paulo in January. I preached and taught at the Presbyterian Church of Vila Guarana (where Pastor Ageu Magalhães serves). Beautiful city!

timfost

Puritan Board Senior
Welcome!

My brother has been to Brazil many times. His late wife was from Recife and his now fiance is working on her visa. She lives in Piauí if I'm not mistaken.

My brother speaks fluent Portuguese, and I'm fluent in Pig Latin. ;)

Again, welcome to the board!

Geneapo

Puritan Board Freshman
I was in São Paulo in January. I preached and taught at the Presbyterian Church of Vila Guarana (where Pastor Ageu Magalhães serves). Beautiful city!

Glad to hear you've been near where I live. I don't know Pastor Ageu Magalhães personally, but I have listened to him a few times on YouTube, and I also follow his profile on Facebook. He always posts great texts with sound doctrine.

Geneapo

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome!

My brother has been to Brazil many times. His late wife was from Recife and his now fiance is working on her visa. She lives in Piauí if I'm not mistaken.

My brother speaks fluent Portuguese, and I'm fluent in Pig Latin. ;)

Again, welcome to the board!

Pig latin hahaha.
Good to know you have ties to Brazil through your brother. I didn't know there were so many people with life stories related to Brazil.

Thank you for your welcome.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
my main hobby is playing and watching football/soccer, which is probably not surprising considering I'm from Brazil.

There are a couple of good Brazilians playing for Liverpool at the moment. Also, were you aware that the Northern Ireland international team's supporters have a song that goes, "We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland [usually pronounced, Norn Iron]"?

Geneapo

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome!
I was also recently in Sao Paulo - at Mackenzie University.

Very interesting.
Yes, Mackenzie University is very famous here, it is owned by the Brazil Presbyterian Church. I hope you had a great time there.

Geneapo

Puritan Board Freshman
There are a couple of good Brazilians playing for Liverpool at the moment. Also, were you aware that the Northern Ireland international team's supporters have a song that goes, "We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland [usually pronounced, Norn Iron]"?

Yes about the Brazilian players, Alisson, Fabinho and Firmino. I wish Liverpool had won the Premier League, besides the Champions League.

I wasn't aware of that song by Northern Ireland fans. But sounds really cool hahaha

hammondjones

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome! I don't have any real ties to Brazil, although I've seen the Foz do Iguaçu from both sides, our good friends from church are from Belém, and our pastor when we were in Bolivia was a missionary with the Igreja Presbiteriana do Brasil.
So, maybe i do have ties... either way, welcome!

Geneapo

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome! I don't have any real ties to Brazil, although I've seen the Foz do Iguaçu from both sides, our good friends from church are from Belém, and our pastor when we were in Bolivia was a missionary with the Igreja Presbiteriana do Brasil.
So, maybe i do have ties... either way, welcome!

Those are ties indeed, even if small ones. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.