Greetings from Chandler, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_lamb

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello everybody. I'm new to Puritan Board and still fairly new to the study of reformed theology. A good friend of mine pointed me to Ligonier Ministries several months ago and I've been soaking up one teaching series after another. In particular I recently enjoyed W. Robert Godfrey's 2012 conference message 'We Don't Need No Education'. Needless to say I need a whole lot more education, but really hope to grow in knowledge of The Lord. Anyways, just thought I'd say hi!

Also I'd be interested in hearing about any local reformed churches in southeast valley & Chandler area.

Ken Lamb
Small Group Leader, Non-denominational
Chandler, AZ

Ken_lamb

Puritan Board Freshman
Hmmm...First Reformed Presbyterian is about 28 miles from my house and Grace Christian Fellowship is about 15 miles. Both look interesting. There's a vacant grocery store in a strip mall near my neighborhood that's been empty a while. Church plant anyone? ;)

Ken Lamb
Chandler, AZ

joejohnston3

Puritan Board Sophomore
It takes us 20-25 minutes to get to GCF but we find it well worth it. A lot of people in the valley drive a ways to church since there are so many freeways to make it more convenient. We pray you find something that fits you and we are glad to have you here at PB.

Ken_lamb

Puritan Board Freshman
Thanks Joe. Yes, we presently drive a bit to our current church. Grace would be a little further drive but we will check it out.

Ken Lamb
Chandler, AZ

Clark-Tillian

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome. Desert Palms PCA is in Chandler, AZ. A good friend of mine is the pastor. If you visit tell him I sent you. He'll get a kick out of that!

joejohnston3

Puritan Board Sophomore
Yes, Desert Palms is another great church and you are definitely welcome, Ken...that is what we're here for! :)

Ken_lamb

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome. Desert Palms PCA is in Chandler, AZ. A good friend of mine is the pastor. If you visit tell him I sent you. He'll get a kick out of that!

We've actually visited once before earlier in our search, and I had already decided to go back and check them out again. We'll probably be there at Desert Palms PCA this Sunday.

Please pray for us as we go through this time of transition. We just shared last night with our small group our intentions. Also shared with my youth pastor earlier yesterday.

We're praying that we have the right words as we share our reasons and that there is no one hurt by our decision. We actually really love our church, and it would be easier to stay put, but I am convinced that God is calling me somewhere else.

Ken Lamb
Chandler, AZ

SGW

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Ken,
Please consider visiting Grace Covenant Church in Gilbert. It's an Reformed Baptist church which subscribes to the 1689 London Baptist Confession. You can find out more here http://gracecovenantministry.org. Our family went through a similar situation as you several years ago after learning about the reformed faith, and will be praying as you prepare to talk with the leaders of your current church.
Take care,

JesusIsLord

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Ken Welcome to the PB. I live in gilbert az and we go to Grace Bible Church in chandler. Great reformed church. We meet at Valley Christian High and its on 6900 W Galveston street. Come visit us!

jgilberAZ

Puritan Board Freshman
I live near the Chandler Fashion Center and drive to Grace Covenant Church in Gilbert.
It takes 20-25 minutes.

It's absolulely worth the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.