Greetings from Friendswood Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Puritan Board Freshman
Just making my first post to introduce myself. I am a Reformed Baptist, earlier this year I was presented to my church as an Elder candidate. The congregational affirmation should come later this month and then I will be ordained and licensed. I have not been to seminary and do not even have a college degree, I have been trying to gain as much knowledge as possible on my own. I currently work full time and will continue to for another 8-10 years until I can retire and be in ministry full time. Perhaps the Lord will work out my retirement earlier so I can do this as my only vocation. I have been redeemed for over 20 years and have been involved in different church ministries since I was redeemed, including the jail and prison ministries. I am here to read and learn, my interaction will be minimal for a while.

Morgan

Puritan Board Freshman
Amazing. Glad to have you
Prayers are always appreciated, I have been challenged much this year. The week after I was presented to the church as an Elder candidate I experienced the biggest spiritual challenge of my life. I cannot go into details but it was one of the most difficult trials I have faced as a Christian and it involved my family. I have learned more in the last year than I have my entire life and if God wills, I will be serving as an Elder in His church over His people for the remainder of my time on this earth.

PastorMichael

Puritan Board Freshman
I would not in any way imply that a seminary education is necessary to be an Elder - only God qualifies and calls men to that office. BUT - I will also say that Bible/Seminary education can be a HUGE help. If you are interested, I can recommend one that is firmly conservative, small, fully-accredited, and has complete programs from Associates to MDiv available online/distance learning. Oh - and likely the least expensive accredited classes ou will find.

Morgan

Puritan Board Freshman
I would not in any way imply that a seminary education is necessary to be an Elder - only God qualifies and calls men to that office. BUT - I will also say that Bible/Seminary education can be a HUGE help. If you are interested, I can recommend one that is firmly conservative, small, fully-accredited, and has complete programs from Associates to MDiv available online/distance learning. Oh - and likely the least expensive accredited classes ou will find.
Yes, please let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.