Greetings from Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi,

My name is Miguel D'Azevedo and I recently moved from Brazil to the U.S to do my M.div (fall) at the Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Hope i can make friends here.

Last edited:

Cymro

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome brother. Met some Brazilian families some weeks ago in the London Presbyterian church.

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
Welcome, Miguel! May the Lord bless your time at seminary.

May I recommend to you Greenville Presbyterian Church as your temporary home while you're in seminary? It is very close to the seminary, and you will be wonderfully cared for there. The pastor, Rob McCurley, is a gifted Bible teacher and a true servant of Christ. Also, he is a graduate of GPTS himself, and he is currently pursuing a ThM there.

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, Miguel! May the Lord bless your time at seminary.

May I recommend to you Greenville Presbyterian Church as your temporary home while you're in seminary? It is very close to the seminary, and you will be wonderfully cared for there. The pastor, Rob McCurley, is a gifted Bible teacher and a true servant of Christ. Also, he is a graduate of GPTS himself, and he is currently pursuing a ThM there.

Sure, but I would like to get to know more about the Presbyterian denominations in the U.S. before choosing a new home (church) for me and my family.

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
Sure, but I would like to get to know more about the Presbyterian denominations in the U.S. before choosing a new home (church) for me and my family.
That's a wise move, brother. GPC, in particular, is a congregation of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), which requires full subscription to the Westminster confession.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from looking into the other churches in the area as well. There are certainly a number of strong churches in Greenville.

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
I would like to get to know more about the Presbyterian denominations in the U.S. before choosing a new home (church) for me and my family.

There are going to be a lot of safe options around Greenville. ARP, PCA, an OPC and an FCC in the area. The Piedmont of the Carolinas has always been strong Presbyterian territory.

So worship style and church culture may end up being the driving forces.

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
That's a wise move, brother. GPC, in particular, is a congregation of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), which requires full subscription to the Westminster confession.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from looking into the other churches in the area as well. There are certainly a number of strong churches in Greenville.

I know you are not trying to dissuade me, and I appreciate your recommendation, I will visit the Church. Thank you for caring.

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
There are going to be a lot of safe options around Greenville. ARP, PCA, an OPC and an FCC in the area. The Piedmont of the Carolinas has always been strong Presbyterian territory.

Also the preaching.

malcolmmaxwell60

Puritan Board Freshman
Mi, Yo estoy Americano. MO esposa es mexicana. She speaks fluent Spanish. I speak very little Spanish. We both speak English, and I hope you do well in the Seminary

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
Mi, Yo estoy Americano. MO esposa es mexicana. She speaks fluent Spanish. I speak very little Spanish. We both speak English, and I hope you do well in the Seminary

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Thank you Malcolm, and in Brazil we speak Portuguese.

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman

Would you mind explaining to me about the worship style and church culture in those denominations?

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman

Since I'm new here, could you tell me more about your denomination?

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Would you mind explaining to me about the worship style and church culture in those denominations?

I would suggest that the differences would be more at the congregational than at the denominational level, with the greatest range, of course, in the PCA.

What are you used to in worship in your home church?

Status
Not open for further replies.