Greetings from SE Indiana / Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sergeant Will, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergeant Will

Sergeant Will Puritan Board Freshman

Hello PB,

I've been lurking on PB for a long time now. However, I thought that it might be time to ask for advice and engage in some theological discussions.

I recently moved to the west of Cincinnati at the Ohio/Indiana border. A job has moved me to this area, and I'm looking for a Reformed Baptist church.

By the grace of God I came out of the Charismatic movement five plus years ago, and ever since then I'm been consuming anything I can get my hands on regarding Reformed Doctrine.

I've been attending The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS) in pursuit of my M.Div. Though with my convictions I sort of stick out amongst the YRR crowd.

I'm an Air Force Reservist after serving 11 years on active duty. Hence forth my moniker.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

2. Grant Jones

Grant Jones Puritan Board Junior

Welcome brother. Thank you for your service.

3. Cymro

Cymro Puritan Board Junior

We look forward to you sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. Have not got a Sergeant Will over here, only a Sergeant Jones!( in Dad’s Army). Welcome.

4. BGF

BGF Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome, Will. I'm on the east side of Cincy and a Presbyterian so I'm not sure what church options are available. I know of one possibility in West Chester called Providence Bible Fellowship. It's about 40 minutes from Bright.

5. Edm

Edm Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome! I’m a little south of you, and I hope you have much better options there. Good solid Reformed churches are lacking in my area. I do know of some good Presbyterian churches up your way.

6. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable

Welcome aboard, Will.

7. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Junior

Welcome. Always glad to have another Baptist on the PB. ;)

8. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. PhilA

PhilA Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome

10. Sergeant Will

Thank you Edward,

I've used the website Farese's website in the past as well as The Reformed Reader. They were very helpful when I was in Europe looking for reformed churches.

11. Sergeant Will

Thank you Brett for the help. I haven't ventured that far out yet, but we may have to check it out.

12. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome, Will. I was USAF active duty before you were born. :cheers2:

13. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Senior

Welcome!

14. Josh Williamson

Josh Williamson Puritan Board Freshman

G'day Will,

When I was working in Northern Kentucky recently, we had opportunity to visit Truth Community Church in Cincinnati. According to their website they hold to the 1689 Baptist Confession.

http://www.truthcommunitychurch.org/

15. Sergeant Will

Thanks Josh,
    We recently visited over there and really liked the preaching. They are about 50 minutes away from us though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome to the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.