Greg Beale: The Temple and the Church's Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read this book. It is fantastic. The portrayal of Adam and Eve as priest-kings in the garden, connecting the typology with the tabernacle, temple, and the eschatological new heavens and new earth is wonderful biblical theology.

I have read this book. It is fantastic. The portrayal of Adam and Eve as priest-kings in the garden, connecting the typology with the tabernacle, temple, and the eschatological new heavens and new earth is wonderful biblical theology.

Your friend Stafford Carson recommended it to me, which is a good enough endorsement as far as I am concerned. :)

Your friend Stafford Carson recommended it to me, which is a good enough endorsement as far as I am concerned. :)

Yes, I would read anything Stafford Carson recommended. What a godly man!

On the Beale, one of the most fascinating insights I got out of the book is the analysis of the first sin. Adam and Eve were supposed to guard the garden from Satanic intruders. So, actually, the first sin is Adam and Eve letting Satan into the garden in the first place.

I initially got it for his study on the temple, and its defilement, in 2 Thessalonians 2, which is very good. I haven't gotten to the rest of the book, being so busy on other things. This has jarred me to get with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back