Guilty pleasures and Christian liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Anyone enjoy something that they believe is in their Christian liberty but at times you wonder if it liberty or you making excuses? If so, anyone want to admit to what that is?

Me....

I enjoy P!nk (the singer) she's crude at times and crass but her messages are fairly decent as she stands against popular culture and proposes using your brain. I just bought her new CD and like it a lot.:detective:

I listen to country music, at least the good stuff. That qualification eliminates 90% of country music made in the past few decades.

Cool, but I am waiting on one of those "I like Slayer" confessions I've seen here in the past to make me feel better.:D

Not quite slayer, but i used to be into Buffy tVS and its spin off Angel. The first 2 or 3 were ok i guess, but the themes became progressively more objectable as the series went on.

Well, it eventually died a natural death, but i wonder what i would do if it hadn't.

Originally posted by houseparent
Cool, but I am waiting on one of those \"I like Slayer\" confessions I've seen here in the past to make me feel better.:D

I was never into Slayer and haven't listened to anything of theirs in many years, but I'll confess to still being an something of a headbanger and to occasionally putting on some Sabbath. And Megadeth's latest was a welcome return to form, and hands down their best cover art ever. I really didn't like it the first couple of times I heard it, but it quickly grew on me. Rumor has it that Mustaine has become a believer. At any rate, over the years many of his lyrical themes certainly have become more spiritually minded, and this is especially evident on several tracks on The System Has Failed, not to mention the obvious Ten Commandments allusion on the cover.

[Edited on 4-7-2006 by Pilgrim]

[Edited on 4-7-2006 by Pilgrim]

I enjoy watching most South Park episodes - although I will not watch any of them that include images of Jesus or "God," as the manner in which they are portrayed is insulting even beyond any second commandment issues.

Originally posted by SemperFideles
Austin Powers

Wow, I am not taken aback because of it's worldliness but because I've never gotten those movies at all. I watch them and am like ...meh....

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
I enjoy watching most South Park episodes - although I will not watch any of them that include images of Jesus or "God," as the manner in which they are portrayed is insulting even beyond any second commandment issues.
Those are funny sometimes but I find myself turning it off because it gets so crude.

I'm a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold. Their image is mostly hype. They are superlative musicians. If they could only get rid of their publicist they could be another DreamTheater.

Cool, but I am waiting on one of those "I like Slayer" confessions I've seen here in the past to make me feel better

I like Slayer. I even met them and got their autographs. :eek:

The Simpsons...The Tick...Futurama...and Lord help me...Family Guy...

ah, confession is good for the soul....right?:eek:

Huge Duran Duran fan here....I know I need help:) I also like playing Halo on the xbox. I was actually thinking about this today as well. But I try not to think about it too much, you can get yourself in to all types of knots Rom 14:22-23.

VanVos

Originally posted by ~~Susita~~
Hi, my name is Susan and I'm a chocoholic.

;)

eat_chocolate.gif

I recently purchased satellite radio for in my car. I find myself listening to "Hair Nation" alot which is eighties glam/hair bands.

Laugh? I have three of their CD's and often play "It's my life" loudly in my car.

About 2:30 minutes into Blaze of Glory, after the second verse, he cuts loose on the guitar and it is so awesome. Wow. That's good stuff.

Originally posted by BobVigneault
I'm a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold. Their image is mostly hype. They are superlative musicians. If they could only get rid of their publicist they could be another DreamTheater.

I'm going to see them with Coheed and Cambria next Thursday night.

Originally posted by VanVos
I also like playing Halo on the xbox.

:ditto:

but just for clarification.. NO ditto to the duran duran. :lol:

I can enjoy almost all types of music when in the right mood...from classical to country to headbanger stuff to...well....mostly sermons.

I used to be quite the concert goer in my college days. :cool:

Metallica, along with other rock bands that my roommates don't appreciate (i.e. Def Leppard, Guns n Roses . . . )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back