Guilty pleasures and Christian liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup...I still dig those old Black Sabbath tunes too though I haven't listened to them for quite a long time. But just this morning I tuned in to a few cuts from the Killers album (Iron Maiden). I think this wakes me up more than a cup of coffee to be sure -especially if I can really crank it up loud.

For the first few years after being born again I tried really hard to get into contemporary "Christian" music (and I burned all of my old rock tapes as I began my journey into pietism) but it got to the point where I just couldn't stand it any more because the great majority of it is limp wristed and horrendous and I just had to face the truth there. I still can't stand it.

Should I feel bad about this?

Guilty pleasure? Ahem...Barry Manilow.
embarass.gif

He writes the songs that make us all cry [sniff]

Sushi. Typically when we go, we eat much more than we need to. Sad to admit, it borders on glutony.

taka_sushi.jpg

[Edited on 4-28-2006 by Scott Bushey]

Having a shot of the Dimple Pinch while listening to the Real Mckenzies out on my deck in the sun.
:banana:

Originally posted by Scott Bushey
Sushi. Typically when we go, we eat much more than we need to. Sad to admit, it borders on glutony.

taka_sushi.jpg

[Edited on 4-28-2006 by Scott Bushey]

:up:

well, except for the bordering on gluttonly part ...

Originally posted by BobVigneault
I'm a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold. Their image is mostly hype. They are superlative musicians. If they could only get rid of their publicist they could be another DreamTheater.

Dream Theater is one of my favorites. Haven't hear of Avenged Sevenfold, though.

Originally posted by BobVigneault
I'm a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold. Their image is mostly hype. They are superlative musicians. If they could only get rid of their publicist they could be another DreamTheater.

Dream Theater is one of my favorites. Haven't hear of Avenged Sevenfold, though.

I listen to alot of Christian hardcore, but its not a guilty pleasure at all, just a pleasure. Infact, right now I am listening to The Hammering Process by Living Sacrifice. If any of you like metal at all, you will love this album. Reborn is also another good album by Living Sacrifice.

Guilt pleasures: where do I start?

BUFFALO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (especially the original Anchor Bar & Grill recipe. If it's not Frank and Theressa's recipe, it's not the real deal.)

House/Trance music
Miika Kuisma
Misja Helsloot
Perry O'Neil
Armin van Buuren
Victor Dinaire
Andy Hunter
...and so on (from XM 82)

and last (but not least) HOCKEY! (My avatar is evidence of this).
BTW, hockey season is right around the corner

I'm editing this post of mine because I've had second thoughts about some "death metal" groups I mentioned in here. I should have been more considerate to the entire board. I apologize.

Having said that, I would like to add the Goo Goo Dolls and Gamalon (prog-rock/jazz fusion band from Buffalo, NY) to my guilty pleasure list.

[Edited on 8-28-2006 by JasonGoodwin]

The Spoetzl Brewery is located in Shiner, Texas. About half-way between San Antonio and Houston on the intersectionof US-95 and US 90 ALT, South of IH-10.
http://www.shiner.com/home.html

I drink stuff they make.
I feel I must do so to support Texas industry. When I do I smoke a tobacco called Mountain Mist in a nice briar pipe. I tell you I am a wild man.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
The Puritanboard is my guilty pleasure.;)

:ditto: I've been watching my average posts/day go up. And I said originally that I would mostly lurk.

Related to this: Wild Boar New podcasts

Other than that
Roller coasters (Carowinds is awesome!)
Square-dancing
Oldies (50's and 60's)
Disco
Columbo movies (own 5 seasons now)
Hitchcock movies (especially NxNW and Vertigo)
And a whole host of other movies
Contract Bridge
Lawyer jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back