Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by Tripel, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripel

Tripel Puritan Board Senior

Wow. That Spice Girl gets around. ....wait, whoops.

2. Marrow Man

Marrow Man Drunk with Powder

3. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

Interesting concept but kind of disgusting.

4. Theogenes

Theogenes Puritan Board Junior

I like:
    To watch Shaun of the Dead once in a while. :eek:
    Chocolate covered peanuts
    Supertramp
    Singing CCR songs as loud as I can when I'm alone in the car.
    Taking an "extra" piece of pizza
    CSI,24,Lost, Criminal Minds
    Whining about North Dakota
    And, of course, the PB!

5. Jon Peters

Jon Peters Puritan Board Sophomore

6. Craig

Craig Puritan Board Senior

I was ready to give up on Dollhouse...and then I watched Friday night's episode on Huloo (sp?) last night with my wife. It's finally developing into something interesting as opposed to shower scenes and wealthy people looking for expensive hookers...until this episode, it hasn't been particularly "Jossy" (ie Joss Whedon).

7. Tripel

Are the admins the ones who change those, or do you get to change your own once you reach a certain amt of posts?

8. Marrow Man

[​IMG]

Oh, wait.

[​IMG]

9. Tripel

Ahhh...I learned something new today.

10. Annalissa

Annalissa Puritan Board Freshman

Haha. Yeah, okay...I can confess to listening to a little of that. While you're at it, you might as well throw in some Britney Spears, New Kids on the Block and let's not forget....Ace of Base. I still have a special place in my stupid pop-loving heart for those guys.
    ;)

11. LadyFlynt

LadyFlynt Puritan Board Doctor

I love watching for #3. One year I got, "she's a mean one" :lol:

12. ZackF

I could never stomach "Buffey" and "Angel." I never watched more than fragments of a couple of episodes. They took themselves way to seriously. Having said that, "Firefly" was no accident. It has serious dramatic content that didn't take itself so seriously. Whedon's a tremendously gifted producer/writer/director and so many who otherwise wouldn't otherwise tolerate his penchant for feminism give him the benefit of the doubt. He supposedly likes "kick butt" female characters but I fail to understand how a seemingly trashy plotline, about a barbiesque girl-drone being programmed to do whatever the client wants, doesn't run counter to his feminist objectives. Seems like another "La Femme Nikita" to me with more technology.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  13. Honor

Honor de-cool

My guilty pleasures are
    (btw this is a totally fun thread)
    1.)Gossip Girl
    2.)Desprate Housewives
    3.)Battlestar Galactica
    4.)Sardine Sandwiches
    5.)Shoes
    6.)Rap music

Dude seriously though, I have to say.... EWwwww about the beard thing... totally eww... but that's just me.

14. LadyFlynt

:D

15. Idelette

Idelette Puritan Board Graduate

Thats hilarious! :rofl:

16. ServantofGod

ServantofGod Puritan Board Junior

Power Ballads:

[video=youtube;sK8RyhY4VAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8RyhY4VAg[/video]

Hair Metal:

[video=youtube;nUA0ai0XxRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUA0ai0XxRU[/video]

17. LadyFlynt

18. ServantofGod

19. UKPuritan40

UKPuritan40 Puritan Board Freshman

Like someone said above, if I felt guilty about them I wouldn't do them so lets say, "less than gonna brag about when I first meet a fellow saint" pleasures?

I am a fan of the Buffyverse. (A former elder of ours told me to try them about 3 years ago, I was bedridden for 4.5 months) so I gritted my teeth through the first season and by the end of season 2 I was hooked. Best writing around not to mention redemptive themes etc. Also enjoying "The Big bang theory tv show cause I love the nerdy aspergey characters on it...eschew the title.

The occasional short Breve Latte, even though I know half and half isn't good for you. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, going out with my Norwegian father who would only drink "plain old AMERICAN (yeah right dad, was it kona?) coffee black, the way God intended. And then would be left these little glass jars of cream by an absent minded waitress. If I asked he'd let me drink them, and so Breve's have that kind of comfort feel to them.

I have an addiction to Neutrogena Handcreme.

MAC lipstick.(pricey but so many colors...this from someone who rarely wears the stuff)

I'm an early adapter (for anything techie...)

Kindle 2 and pressing the "buy" button.

I talk to my Betta Fish when I feed him. (He's a little pig, goes by Augustine)

Raw chocolate chip cookie dough, but I won't eat it raw unless I make it from egg beaters for "fear" of salmonella, drat. We ate the stuff all our lives until now???

Salt and chocolate together...I don't care how it happens...Dark Chocolate salted caramels, choc cov'd pretzels, you name it...started when I was a kid dipping fries in my choc milk shake (I was a skinny kid, yay) and never looked back.

Obsessive about Geneology and locating birth families, adopted and loss relatives. have done it for years for self and others. I get the bug when I'm on a case.

Ok, the weirdest...my favorite place to be in this town, is in the automatic carwash with a cup of coffee...10 mins of humming, watery, total isolation....it's bliss.

Praying outloud and singing psalms outloud when no one else is around. I need a "prayer closet"

Ditto to the mac and cheese folk, if it's comfort food, I love it. Hate fast food. Love me some SLOW food...soups, stews, roasts...

Susan Nye Ferrell
    Member, Sovereign Redeemer OPC, Boise Idaho

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  20. ZackF

21. LadyFlynt

I also enjoy genealogy. I found my dad, his side, my siblings on that side, and assisted a friend in finding her dad and siblings. I've got one of my sides back to the 1400s, I believe. Working to eventually acquire our tribal membership.

22. Zac Nelson

Zac Nelson Puritan Board Freshman

Chocolate sponge roll cake (with the coffee icing in the middle)
    Winfield sky blues
    Watching the Star Wars trilogy about once a year
    A silly TV show called `Farmer Wants a Wife' where a bunch of Aussie farmers try to find a wife from a variety of women that apply

23. ServantofGod

Yes sir, it has.:tombstone:

24. forgivenmuch

forgivenmuch Puritan Board Freshman

Hey, that's a good song.

25. Marrow Man

Foreigner and Journey have two songs apiece in the top 20? And what was the deal with the "moment of silence" during the Bryan Adams song?

26. Scott Shahan

Scott Shahan Puritan Board Sophomore

Watching SNL
    Playing Playstation/ or the Wii
    I live in coffeehouses with WIFI
    Starbucks/Caribou coffee
    Facebook
    "24"

27. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

What is Dollhouse?
    Is it a show by the Buffy guy?
    He has done a couple Office episodes...the one with the bat, actually. He must be obsessed.
    Anyway, what is dollhouse? What channel? I saw someone from college talking about it on Facebook, too. I thought maybe my school put on Ibsen's Doll House at the theater, but then for you guys to be talking about it, too?? And Joss Whedon mentioned. I know for certain he did not direct a play at my college and that you all didn't go see it. So it must be a TV show.

Also, "guilty pleasures," doesn't really mean something you feel guilt over. Here:
    Maybe Tripel can edit his first post with that definition in it so people don't feel real guilt about posting here!

28. Tripel

That's a good point, Jessi. The "guilt" in this case is sheer embarrassment or slight sense of shame. It's supposed to be superficial and lighthearted.

Is there any guilt in listening to ABBA? Not really, but I'm quite embarrassed to admit that I like it. I don't want to like it, but I can't help myself.
    Same with the Lime Cactus...it's a horrible beer, truly horrible. It's hardly even a beer at all. That's the snob in me talking, but on the other hand I will plow through a 6-pack in no time.

29. Marrow Man

Jessi, I think it comes on the same night as that Terminator show. They are both on Fox. I haven't watched an episode of either. But I've seen the commercials, and they are marketing the fact that they have "attractive" (a stretch in the case of Terminator, In my humble opinion) women on both shows -- women who both happen to be something more/other than women. I guess they are going for the geek demographic. ;)

30. Tripel

OK, I've changed the OP to include a definition.

I don't want to nitpick (wait, yes I do) but some of you have not revealed true guilty pleasures. You've simply revealed things you like or have a unique interest in.

Are you actually embarrassed that you have these interests?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.