Guilty Pleasures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabric, I hoard it when I can, you just never know when you'll need to make something.

:think: I have to admit I know little to nothing about fabric. What kind of fabric do you like? What does it look like?

It looks like what your clothes are made of :p
Mostly natural fabrics like cotton, linen, wool... I hate sewing cheap polyester. I get the fabric from thrift stores, online, Joann, Wal Mart, friends...

I also like collecting buttons, ribbons, yarn and patterns.

Well if we talk addictions:
PB
CSI (I have all seasons of Las Vegas, Miami and New York)
Bying theological books I do not have time to read (like buying indulgenses)
Ice Cream
Some danish candy you do not have.
Pistatio nuts (can not walk past that, without buying some)
MP3 Lectures and sermons

Annoying habbits:
Facebook
I bite my beard

There must be more but can not think of anymore right now :oops:
Dude, you bite your beard?

I wouldn't say guilty pleasure.

However, my silly habits/pleasures:

Occasionally eating frozen chocolate chip cookie dough with milk (better than ice cream). OK, Me too! Also brownie batter (not frozen)!

Collecting books. Guilty
FaceBookGuilty
I'm very competitive when it comes to games (to the point that hubby won't play any with me unless we are in a group)Yeah, but do you turn into a sailor when you are playing? I am the most unsanctified boardgamer...especially when it is just my husband and me. This is actually a true guilt of mine and something I am really working on. I never knew that I could be so angry! I have actually felt it in my chest!!! Has anyone else ever felt anger? I realized this past weekend that when I hold it in (instead of swearing or throwing the board game...oops) that I can FEEL anger. I know it is not good to throw things or be mean, but man, the feeling of holding it in stinks! So now I'm working on getting rid of it altogether....any advice?

OH man...can this be moved to members only?

Silly Jessi; don't you realize this is the main reason we men grow beards? They are like personal pets to us.

Cold Stone Creamery ice cream -- anything with cake batter flavor in it
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Chips and Salsa
Pancakes
anything in chocolate and raspberry together!!!

Is it lunch yet?

Oh, and:
Watching Monk
Tuning in anytime "The Hunt for Red October" is on TV -- even though I have it on DVD now!

All right -- I'll fess up:

-Candy Hearts (Feb. 14, 15 I always go to the store once they've been marked way down and buy a few bags...)
-Hogan's Heroes (Cheesy, but I can't help enjoying it)
-Salsa (I eat lots of salsa)
-Swing Dancing (Although no one will ever hear me admit this again, I actually kind of enjoy this)
-Kraft singles.
-Certain Disney movies. (Wow, that one is embarrassing) Notably, the Jungle Book.
-Finally, I'd probably take Taco Bell over a nice Mexican restaurant any day (Does that make me a horrible person?)

Edit
Bill -- you like the Candy Hearts, too?! I'm glad I'm not alone.

I am not a big fan of Disney, but I do love...:sing: I wanna walk like you, talk like you...:sing:. Now it is in my head...thanks, and I actually mean it.

Playing Final Fantasy 8. Oh yeah, I guess you meant Guilty Pleasures.

Camel filters with the filters ripped off.

It kind of bothers me that I grew up to love the music my mom loves: Neil Young and friends. Other than that, I have absolutely no reason to be ashamed of my music tastes, for I know I have great taste. Even Neil Young is nothing to be ashamed of, but that it's my mom's music!!
My mom and younger sister are obsessed with Neil Young. No, you don't understand--I mean OBSESSED.

I like the smell of skunks.
:eek:

I LOVE Bill Murray.
I love Groundhog Day.

I would eat Doritos for dinner everynight if my husband would allow me to. I would also weigh 700 pounds, I guess.
I love the Spicy Sweet Chili ones! Tried 'em?

Silly Jessi; don't you realize this is the main reason we men grow beards? They are like personal pets to us.

Cold Stone Creamery ice cream -- anything with cake batter flavor in it
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Chips and Salsa
Pancakes
anything in chocolate and raspberry together!!!

Is it lunch yet?

Oh, and:
Watching Monk
Tuning in anytime "The Hunt for Red October" is on TV -- even though I have it on DVD now!

You forgot General Tso chicken!!!!!

Arrgghh. How could I forget General Tso. Oh, how I love your chicken, sir. I salute you.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is a bizarre cartoon on the Cartoon Network about a Milkshake, Fries, and Beef Pattie who fight crime but live together next door to a weirdo named Carl. It's an incredibly twisted cartoon in many ways, but it has a cool theme song (see above).

a bizarre cartoon on the Cartoon Network about a Milkshake, Fries, and Beef Pattie who fight crime but live together next door to a weirdo named Carl.

After reading this, I had to think for a second whether it was an honest response or you were mocking my ignorance by giving an outlandish answer.

I've decided that you're being honest, because I cannot imagine you would make up something like that.

I was tempted to mention "Firefly" but I am in no way ashamed. In fact one should be ashamed NOT to watch it. Moreover it is free on hulu.com .

Ditto that...we have firefly on DVD. Other "guilty pleasures":
Buffy
Angel
Supernatural (first 2 seasons are especially good)
Late night cable access...some weird, weird stuff there...seriously.
Nutella
Flesh Eating Mothers
Mt. Dew and Doritos
Eating cereal for lunch and dinner when my wife's away
Cadbury Eggs
Teaching my 14 month old to weeze instead of laugh (drives my mother-in-law nuts)
Take what people say literally just so they feel like they have to better explain themselves...especially enjoyable when the context is obviously intended to be a figure of speech.
Poop...always funny.

a bizarre cartoon on the Cartoon Network about a Milkshake, Fries, and Beef Pattie who fight crime but live together next door to a weirdo named Carl.

After reading this, I had to think for a second whether it was an honest response or you were mocking my ignorance by giving an outlandish answer.

I've decided that you're being honest, because I cannot imagine you would make up something like that.

Click on the video above! You'll see them -- Master Shake, Frylock, and Meat Wad. I kid you not.

I was tempted to mention "Firefly" but I am in no way ashamed. In fact one should be ashamed NOT to watch it. Moreover it is free on hulu.com .

Buffy
Angel
Nutella
Flesh Eating Mothers
Mt. Dew and Doritos
Cadbury Eggs
Teaching my 14 month old to weeze instead of laugh (drives my mother-in-law nuts)
Take what people say literally just so they feel like they have to better explain themselves...especially enjoyable when the context is obviously intended to be a figure of speech.
Poop...always funny.

You people are Whedon junkies.

Buffy
Angel
Nutella
Flesh Eating Mothers
Mt. Dew and Doritos
Cadbury Eggs
Poop...always funny.

You people are Whedon junkies.

Yeah, I'm kind of getting into Dollhouse...

I found a karaoke video of the song on Youtube. But I'm not going to post it. 4 scantily-clad 20-somethings dancing with a scantily-clad 40 year old woman ain't proper fare for the PB.

That sounds like the Spice Girls themselves. Wasn't that redheaded one older than the others? Or did she just look it?

I found a karaoke video of the song on Youtube. But I'm not going to post it. 4 scantily-clad 20-somethings dancing with a scantily-clad 40 year old woman ain't proper fare for the PB.

That sounds like the Spice Girls themselves. Wasn't that redheaded one older than the others? Or did she just look it?

Yes, that was my vain attempt at humor. The redhead (Geri Halloway) was 10 years old than the rest. I think she lied or showed a forged birth certificate or something. It came out years later.

I also hear she once pitched for a NY area little league team and dominated in the semifinal game, striking out 27 batters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back