Had a friend appalled that I tried acupuncture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not tried it but have tried, and it works, dry needling as a physical therapy options. Loved it will do it again.

rd
I had not heard of that treatment, thank you for bringing it into the conversation. Here is a link for those, like myself, who hadn't been aware of it. Reading the linked text I can confirm that 'trigger points' definitely can cause muscular pain, and are treatable.
For me a therapeutic masseuses, specializing in trigger point therapy, worked wonders.

Getting back to acupuncture, in the 1980s I had a friend who went to an acupuncturist for treatment of terrible sinus headaches that he had dealt with, on and off, for multiple years. My friend was a cigarette smoker/addict who had no hope of quitting, and didn't address that with the practitioner. With two treatments, the primary, and a follow up, the sinus condition was cured, and as an unexpected adjunct, he quit smoking within a couple of weeks.
He had to go back after a couple of years for another treatment, the sinus condition rearing its ugly head again, but speaking with him not long ago, he hasn't had a recurrence since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back