Half-Price Books Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
$2: No God But God: Breaking with the Idols of Our Age, edited by Os Guinness & John Seel

$2: Intellectuals, Paul Johnson

$3: The Social Contract, Jean-Jacque Rousseau

:D :book2:

What a fun thread!

I love Half-Price Books.

I have found and purchased:

Paved with Good Intentions - Jared Taylor
Election Day Sermons - David W. Hall
The Roots of American Order - Russell Kirk
War Songs and Poems of the Southern Confederacy

I don't remember the exact prices, but they were between 3-7 dollars each.

:book2::cool:

I love Half Price Books too!

Recent Acquisitions:

$2 -- Augustine's Confessions
$1 -- Selected Works by Thomas Aquinas
$1 -- Modern Russian Theology by Paul Valliere

Always check the clearance rack first!!!

So, where does one find half-priced books, anyway?

I thought I saw a Portland OR location in one of their advertisements. There are two here in KC. They are also in CA and I believe TX. They also have an Amazon acct, and I've purchased stuff that way before too.

They also have an Amazon acct, and I've purchased stuff that way before too.

Hmmm, you're right. It seems I remember seeing an Amazon seller called "Half-Price Books." Do they also have an ebay account I wonder?

I imagine they would, although I don't know for sure. But if you're ever in the KC area, we can all shop together. :)

I went through KC on the move out here to Oregon, but not since then.

How about. "General Tso's Used Books, Exotic coffees/cappuchinos and Fine Sushi."?

Theognome

Fine, as long as we can go with "General Tso's Used Book, Exotic Coffees/cappachinos, Imported Beers, and Fine Sushi."

I'm game- just keep the fine rum behind the counter for me.

Theognome

A sushi bar in a bookstore is actually an awesome idea!!!

Can't wait to chow down, sip coffee and look through musty books
with Marrow and Scottish!

I found The World's Great Sermons by Grenville Kleiser 10 part series printed in 1908 for $4 a piece at Half Priced Books.

I found The World's Great Sermons by Grenville Kleiser 10 part series printed in 1908 for $4 a piece at Half Priced Books.

:rant:happy for you but very jealous!!:D

Sorry, had to use the blue rant, cause there's no green eyed monster smiley.

LOL.. understandable... I still can't believe I found them!
Not to rub it in... but here is a picture of one of them and I... They are all in really good condition with the exception of Vol X ... has some water damage...

n1491816116_30220098_4001.jpg

Beautiful! Yeah, there are some great finds in those stores. Something will pop out, and it just makes you jump for joy.!

indeed.. I keep hoping I will find a vintage Pilgrim's Progress or "Institutes" by Calvin, or okay anything Vintage that isn't Armenian...lol

Can you smoke a pipe in this Asian, sushi, exotic coffee, imported beer, half-priced bookstore?

But of course, as local ordinances allow.

Of course, I will add that all commercial sections of our bookstore will be closed on the Lord's Day. We will not engage in commerce, and our employees will be released to attend worship. However, we will consider keeping a reading room in back for good Lord's Day reading activities!!! :book2:

The Precisianist Strain: Disciplinary religion & antinomian backlash in Puritanism to 1638, Theodore Bozeman

Church and Ministry, C.F.W. Walther (a Lutheran)

:)

The most recent thing I found was the "Hebrew/Greek Study Bible in the old NASB, with the, "thee's" and "thou's" in the psalms, for only $30 dollars. They had two I was tempted to buy both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back