Hanegraaff to Constantinople

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if there is a link up-thread, and I'm not disposed at the moment to browse through 5 pages and look, so I'll just comment that I saw this Apology linked on another site, and found it helpful on the issues:

An Apology to the Eastern Orthodox Community
http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/04/21/an-apology-to-the-eastern-orthodoxy-community/

The reference to the 1689 suggests a RB writer.

I read it. I won't get those three minutes of my life back. It's good for "troll-value" (I speak as someone rather skilled at trolling) but for substance you'll need to go elsewhere. Whatever you do, don't read the facebook comments. You will see both Reformed and EO at their worst.

I don't know if there is a link up-thread, and I'm not disposed at the moment to browse through 5 pages and look, so I'll just comment that I saw this Apology linked on another site, and found it helpful on the issues:

An Apology to the Eastern Orthodox Community
http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/04/21/an-apology-to-the-eastern-orthodoxy-community/

The reference to the 1689 suggests a RB writer.
Poor 'ole Auggy didn't get the memo. I guess he'll be burning in hell forever.

Poor 'ole Auggy didn't get the memo. I guess he'll be burning in hell forever.

A number of Lutherans (rather hilariously) pointed out that in one of the videos the P&P guy did condemning a set of points the EO believed as constituting a false gospel, Luther also believed those points. And there was a picture of Luther in the background!

A number of Lutherans (rather hilariously) pointed out that in one of the videos the P&P guy did condemning a set of points the EO believed as constituting a false gospel, Luther also believed those points. And there was a picture of Luther in the background!
Lol! My favorite is when people run to Augustine's aid, saying, "he didn't understand Greek!" Yeah, he couldn't read it comfortably, but his level of Greek, I am confident, was better than the average seminary graduate. Though Auggy was the theologian of grace par excellance, he just didn't believe in justification by faith alone. I'm glad that the gospel is about the finished work of Christ not my believing in JBFA!

I read it. I won't get those three minutes of my life back. It's good for "troll-value" (I speak as someone rather skilled at trolling) but for substance you'll need to go elsewhere. Whatever you do, don't read the facebook comments. You will see both Reformed and EO at their worst.

P&P is always a bit over the top, but there is still a good point buried beneath the bluster. As a whole, we have been too soft on the EO.

P&P is always a bit over the top, but there is still a good point buried beneath the bluster. As a whole, we have been too soft on the EO.

PP is the same pop level apologetics that its EO opponents give. If you've read one of these interchanges, you've read several hundreds. I used to have most of this stuff saved on my computer. Same conversation every time.

I don't think necessarily we've been soft on EO, it's simply we've had no reason to really engage them. One sees Roman Catholics everywhere, but EO are more ethnically clustered.

Lol. Really, it is sad to see all the encouragement and simple-minded support Hank's fans are throwing at him.

I agree, and some of my EO friends are warning their compatriots that Hank's legal problems could resurface and make everyone look foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back