Happy Reformation Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
PB brethren,

As we stand and look back over 499 years of church history since Luther nailed his 95 Theses to that Wittenberg church's door, I am thankful that God is always faithful to his people.

May we indeed be sons and daughters of the Reformation, that is, may we love Christ and his precious Word as they did. May we count all things loss for the sake of knowing him who loved us and gave himself for us.

Semper reformanda, brethren.

Amen!

As I was driving to work today I was praying, thanking the Lord for raising up Luther (and others) to bring us to Himself, and then a thought occurred to me that I had never considered before: What great kindness and suffering of our Lord that He graciously brought us back to Him as we pushed Him away and added unto His truth, as I think, perhaps the Lord could have had another flood-like event (not sure if that is Theologically sound or not), but instead He subtly and graciously corrected our courses.

Lord, may we all have gratitude, may we enjoy the Body and brethren! Thank you!

Amen!

As I was driving to work today I was praying, thanking the Lord for raising up Luther (and others) to bring us to Himself, and then a thought occurred to me that I had never considered before: What great kindness and suffering of our Lord that He graciously brought us back to Him as we pushed Him away and added unto His truth, as I think, perhaps the Lord could have had another flood-like event (not sure if that is Theologically sound or not), but instead He subtly and graciously corrected our courses.

Lord, may we all have gratitude, may we enjoy the Body and brethren! Thank you!

Yes and amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back