Harcore straight-edge (Strongarm, focused & Overcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually dressing up as a straight edge punk for an upcoming alter ego party. In real life I'm actually more into hardcore along the lines of Sunny Day Real Estate. I'm not at all straight edge as my posts in the Puritan Pub will testify.

xScott Roperx

I used to be really into some of the Christian hardcore music. I saw Overcome play several times, because they were from my hometown. I still like to pop in Zao cd once in a while. I'm a bit turned off by Christian punk/hardcore now, because when it is explicitly Christian, it is usually just Pentecostal.

Brian

I grew up with the guys from StrongArm. Served in youth ministry with a few of them. They are some pretty nice guys.

I actually knew them before I was a Christian. I was part of the hardcore/skinhead scene and was introduced to them through some mutual friends and got to know them by hanging out at their house and going to their shows.

You know that they have gone into the Emo scene. It's been a while since I have looked them up. They formed the band 'Further Seems Forever' most of the original Strongarm guys are in it.

I just looked up the band (FSF - Further Seems Forever) ... It looks like they are stopping the band ....

http://www.furtherseemsforever.com/

They made it really big in that band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back