Has anyone heard of these two guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

passingpilgrim

Puritan Board Freshman
I am restudying from my seminary days my class on Trinitarianism. I was looking for some new books to add to my collection and came across two authors that appear very trinitarian. Does anyone know of and can tell me if these are good guys to read?

They are:
  • C. Baxter Kruger
  • James Torrance

Thanks!

I'm pretty suprised Josh hasn't made an appearance yet.

In his stead:

I'm sure someone, somewhere has heard of both of them.

James B. Torrance (1923-2003) was the younger brother of the late Thomas F. Torrance (1913-2007). Thomas was the great Trinitarian theologian (he was Professor of Christian Dogmatics at the University of Edinburgh from 1952 to 1979). His book, The Christian Doctrine of God: One Being, Three Persons (Edinburgh: T&T Clark, 1996), published when he was 83, is both his magnum opus and his masterpiece. Aside from their relationship as brothers, I don't know anything about James.

Does anyone know of and can tell me if these are good guys to read?

They are:
  • C. Baxter Kruger
  • James Torrance

I went to seminary with the former, and to be candid I would not buy his book. I recall him as an amiable man, but his view of perichoresis was drawn from the trinitarian views of the latter. Notice how Dr. Kruger defines the gospel in his interview here, Interview with C. Baxter Kruger, Ph.D.

And Lawrence is right about Kruger's fishing lures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back