Has anyone read "The Life Of God In The Soul Of Man" by Henry Scougal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idelette

Puritan Board Graduate
I recently got this book by Scougal, however, I'm not very familiar with his works. Just wondering if anyone has read this book or any others by him and what your thoughts are?? :think:

I recently got this book by Scougal, however, I'm not very familiar with his works. Just wondering if anyone has read this book or any others by him and what your thoughts are?? :think:
It's the book that played a part in the conversion of the famous evangelist, George Whitefield. See Arnold Dallimore, George Whitefield, The Life and Times of the Great Evangelist of the Eighteenth-Century Revival (Westchester, IL: Cornerstone Books, 1970), Vol. 1, pp. 72ff.

DTK

It's quite brief, but well worth the pittance it costs to pick up a copy. I have found in it much encouragement.

I think it is one of the best books a person can read.

It helps differentiate true Christianity from religiosity and fundamentalism.

It is a real spiritual awakener if you seek God for it.

Give out lots of them to your friends

I think it is one of the best books a person can read.

It helps differentiate true Christianity from religiosity and fundamentalism.

It is a real spiritual awakener if you seek God for it.

Give out lots of them to your friends

Yes, thats exactly what I thought as I skimmed through it....thank you so much for affirming that before I read it!

I read it in one sitting, about 3-4 hours with pause for meditation. It's the type of book you can't get up from until you finish it. It's an amazing book. I love it.

I too was greatly blessed by reading this book. My edition also had excellent introductory materials -- all of it was worth reading in detail and with much prayer. I originally read a borrowed copy, and went out and bought a copy of my own.

I don't know if its just a matter of where I am spiritually at a particular moment, but it seems like I can read some books and receive a great deal of knowledge, and I can read others that prove, while intellectually solid, to be deeply devotional and an encouragement in my walk with God. This work falls in the latter category for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back