Have you ever wondered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiah

Puritan Board Senior
[video=youtube;QAgLVFx_yh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgLVFx_yh8[/video]

How anyone in the charismatic movement who professes Christ can possibly tolerate this level of wickedness? What will it take these people (if not ourtight bodily harm) to figure out that these men are actually false teachers and as such are dangerous? At first glance I thought he was just joking, doing the entertainment-from-the-pulpit thing, but then he kept going. The audience laughs as if this man is joking, but he isnt. I found it very chilling when he was giving account of what he claimed God was saying to him in response to his dissapointment at not being able to heal people who were crippled. When I see this man I am reminded of how violent men who were demon possesed could be and cant help but wonder if perhaps this could be the case with him. :scratch:

But the "gift of faith" told him to kick the old lady in the face, how dare you stand in the way of the work of the spirit.

Wow,
How do you respond to this defecation? I can't believe he and his audience is so stupid.
:ditto:
1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I'd love to know the criteria he uses when he tests the spirits...kick the lady in the head??

Wiki says:

Although there hasn't been independent medical corroboration of the nature or permanence of the healing, Bentley and his staff say they welcome as much documentation as people are willing to provide. [22]

Wow,
How do you respond to this defecation? I can't believe he and his audience is so stupid.
:ditto:
1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I'd love to know the criteria he uses when he tests the spirits...kick the lady in the head??

This goes way beyond what I remember in my pentecostal days. I wonder if he is under demonic influence?

Smelly hands of the spirit
[video=youtube;Nd80cqDOicE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd80cqDOicE&feature=related[/video]

This goes way beyond what I remember in my pentecostal days. I wonder if he is under demonic influence?

In my humble opinion, it's guys like this that give creedance to the idea of demonic influence in today's day and age, full stop.

I rolled on the floor laughing.

I didn't quite roll on the floor, but I almost wet myself! I'm still crying due to laughing so hard! His story about choking the man yelling, "Come out of him, devil!" brings a whole new meaning to the idea of spiritual warfare!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Ok... whew... (drying my eyes)... ok. I'm together now.

That godless wretch!

Just flat out weird. When he was shocked at the oil on his hands and said "Jesus" it was not good. It was using his name in vain in my view.

I think you guys need to let Mr. Bentley build your faith. Ever hear of the thirteenth resurection of the dead?

[video=youtube;DMgGU5qF75Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMgGU5qF75Q&feature=user[/video]

Wow. I can't believe we never thought of that. Not because it's so great, but because we were that bad.

We all thought Benny Hinn and Falwell and the like were all riotously hilarious. Of course, I still do, but for other reasons.

Wow. I can't believe we never thought of that. Not because it's so great, but because we were that bad.

We all thought Benny Hinn and Falwell and the like were all riotously hilarious. Of course, I still do, but for other reasons.

In a slightly :offtopic: comment Charles Stanley also made a good drinking game, every time he said listen down one. In an even more :offtopic: subject a friend of mine claims that us making a drinking game out of Charles Stanley led him to Christ. He claims that he would listen so intently to Charles Stanley while we would drink that ole Charles won him over.

This whole "revival" is totally weird. I've watched quite a few YouTube clips of Bentley's antics in the last couple of weeks and they seem to get stranger and stranger. I was just over at www.battle4truth.com where a clip of Lakeland "worship" was shown. It was reminiscent of the drum solo in "Inna-gadda-da-vida" with a female dancer who looked and acted as if she was tripping out on something illegal. To think that this circus is attracting thousands of people to attend in person and is being beamed around the world via the internet is positively frightening!

SueS,
I watched that clip....I think sh'e possessed by the spirit of Tae Bo and one of Charlie's Angels...:lol:
Jim

I just listened to it again. More and more unbelievable each time, both him and his followers...I'm waiting for somebody to set us straight and say this was a hoax, but I guess it must be true...

<Captain Kirk>
Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here!
</Captain Kirk>

I became aware of this "revival" several weeks ago when a lady on a homeschooling board of which I am a member posted about it. She and several others believe it is the end-time revival which will lead to the return of Christ. Apart from their reaction nothing more has been said - I think everyone over there is either in favor of it or afraid of setting off a firestorm of controversy, although why actual clips of Bentley's antics would be controversial, I don't know! His words and actions speak for themselves.

Every time I see something like this it just shows me how spiritual deception is. To think that people fall for this leaves me speachless. Its falsness is so obvious to even an athiest yet hundreds flock to these jokers.

It makes me sick.

:barfy:

I assume (though I'm not sure why) that this guy was formally trained at a Bible school or cemetary, I mean seminary. Anybody know where he received his training? (please don't tell me he didn't go to school, but went to the school of hard knocks...hee, hee...)

Last edited:
Where is Chuck Norris when you need him to, well, "take care of business" in a particular pulpit? :lol:

Where is MacGuyver when you need a microphone to combust while in use?

And why is anyone consuming time watching this RRC (Rubber Room Candidate)?

Margaret

I assume (though I'm not sure why) that this guy was formally trained at a Bible school or cemetary, I mean seminary. Anybody know where he received his training? (please don't tell me he didn't go to school, but went to the school of hard knocks...hee, hee...)

I read an article this morning - sorry, can't remember where it was - that said TB is a relatively new Christian and that he has no theological training. Why doesn't that come as a surprise?!?

I read an article this morning - sorry, can't remember where it was - that said TB is a relatively new Christian and that he has no theological training. Why doesn't that come as a surprise?!?

His training seems to be in professional wrestling.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back