He sees no spots in His people

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Hugh Binning, Works, p. 378:

Is there any man can say, I have cleansed my heart from iniquity? No, not one. Yet behold, he sees no spots in his people. He doth not make them his people because spotless, but he seeth them spotless because he makes them his people. There is no covering that can hide men’s uncleanness from his piercing eye, but one, even Jesus Christ his righteousness: and “Blessed is he whose sins are covered.” If this covering were spread over the mouth of all hell, then hell should have a covering from his eyes. If ye therefore strip yourselves naked of your own pretences and leaves, and think not yourselves secure under any created shelter; if ye hide not your iniquity, then it shall be hid indeed; here is a covering that shall hide it from his eyes. There is no spot so heinous, none so ingrained, but the blood of Jesus can wash it as perfectly out, as if it had never been.

Thank you so much for this. I have grown very fond of Hugh Binning in these past few weeks. I really appreciate these daily meditations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back