Help me get out of my okinawan rut

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastorFaulk

Puritan Board Freshman
This is for our Okinawan folks...

Jenn and I have been here for about a year now, and we find that we are getting into a rut with our eating. We go to the same 5 American and Japanese places all the time. Could yall help us get out of our rut? Please tell me of some good off base eats that are yalls favorites.

Wes,

Hey - I just heard from my former elder in CA that his daughter and her husband (a Marine) are moving out here in a month.

A few places we like:

Kitikaisans (sp?) - This is along Hwy 23. If you turn at a bowling pin you'll go to a sports complex and there's a restaurant on top of it. It has every Japanese and American food you can imagine and it's reasonable.

The Four Seasons - Tepanyaki

Peter's Place - That's pretty close to you. Turn right on 330 and it's directly on your right. Good Chinese food there and a really friendly couple.

The Garlic House is near our house just on the other side of the bridge to the left on your way to Church. Great food - mostly Italian knockoff but really good.

We went to a place the other day that had really good Soba. Ask the Thomases about that one. It's really close to Church.

Blessings!

Rich

Wes,

The people to ask about this one are the Thomas', Kimie Kinjo, Linda Maezato, Dolce and even the Rodriguez'. They get out a lot.

I would also recommend the Soba place Rich mentioned. I was not into the soup-like Soba. However, this place uses freshly made noodles, a great broth and you can order it with delicious ribs on top. They call it Soki-Soba. I am a bit picky and I loved it. Jennifer may even like it.;)

I hope thats helpful.

Which restaurants do you typically eat at Pastor Faulk? I'm no longer on Okinawa and haven't been there for a few years now but I remember the area pretty well and may be able to point out some of the places my family and I wen't when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back