Help with Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
I am finding as I talk to friends and contacts that many Christians around here are Arminian out of ignorance and have never heard of Calvinism. A very large number around my city I am finding are calvinist leaning and are not in full agreement with many of the churchs around here. (New Zealand hardly has a Calvinist history so it is not like we even have the name mentioned anywhere).

This presents a few problems as can be imagined. I do not want to get in trouble with 'the religious authorities' for spreading 'the calvinist heresy' (although most probably dont know what it is) and I do not want to sound like a new age liberal (as people do not know the history of calvinism). How can I present it simply as a ligitimate alternative to arminianism? Does anyone know of good websites which good and simply lays out Calvinism with a brief overview of the history of it and defences against it? Remember many of the people I am talking to know NOTHING of theology and do not want to read too much.

My second request is prayer that even the hardest hearted arminian may realise the doctrinal truths of calvinism. Most people dont want to take much seriously and it is hard to use much scripture because no one really knows much. A few people have now decided to come along with me to a 'local' reformed church although there are complications that it is soo far away it is very hard especially for young people to get there.

I believe my city, Hamilton, New Zealand, is ripe for the picking and it suffers a lack of theological depth and understanding. There are thousands of 'on fire' Christians who are ignorant of all number of things. Imagine what would happen if they were educated! It truly is amazing watching friends over the weeks change as they begin to grasp scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back