Here I stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
If you´ve listened to my last two podcast´s it´s my hope that you understand me and my mission here at www.dontlietokids.net more clearly, and as such can get on board with me to improve this industry, ourselves, and ultimately the children we serve. This blog entry will serve as an aid to my latest episode of "œThe Truth". In this article, I hope to elaborate on the points I made in that podcast. Still, if you have any questions please contact me on the message board, or through e-mail. You can reach me at [email protected]

First and foremost in the last episode of "œThe Truth" I concentrated on my faith. While I am very proud to be a Christian, I don´t use this site or my podcast to preach or evangelize. I am not a pastor, minister, etc. I will gladly discuss faith and its tenants, but dontlietokids.net is not a tool of evangelism. That said, I cannot explain to you what I am all about without getting into my faith and how it motivates me.

As I read and study the bible, besides the main message of Jesus Christ and His redemption of His people, the main message that comes across to me is SELF SACRAFICE. If we are to be followers of Christ, we are to have a natural desire to lay down our lives. Jesus told us to "œpick up your cross and follow me" did he not? I take that to be a difficult thing. I don´t read that (and many other passages like it) to mean the Christian life is a cake walk. I don´t take that to mean we can get through life on cruise control. Why so many Christians seem to miss this idea escapes me. We are called to suffer. If we are not of this world, this world will hate us. We will have to face tribulation. In the same way people hated Christ, they will surely hate us. Does this all not sound familiar?

Take a look at the childcare industry. If there is any place where a follower of Christ can "œlay down his life" it´s within this field. If there is a cross for us to bear, it´s in this line of work! So, that´s how I see what I do. I see what I do as a sacrifice of my life for the lives of children. I am not important, what I do, I do because my Lord did it first in a bigger and much better way. Who am I to complain and whine about what it is I have to do when Jesus literally died on a cross at the hands of his enemies so that I don´t have to die eternally? Now some of you are thinking that I am laying a guilt trip on you. Well, if you are feeling guilty it´s for a reason and it´s not my words. In fact, if you feel guilty reading this rejoice, because it is not too late for you to grasp what I am saying and begin to lay down your life too! Just like the song I used on "œThe Truth" as Christians we are called to DIE in order that we might LIVE. No, we do not do this in order to obtain the totally free gift of eternal life, but because we have received the gift we should DESIRE to die to ourselves! Any house parent with such a desire is the ultimate of house parents!

I´ve been told that there are many listeners to "œThe Truth" and readers of this blog that could not handle that message. That my call to give ones life away to what they do was causing resentment, anger, frustration, annoyance, etc. Without wanting to be harsh, my question to that statement is why? Why would anyone, unless not a believer and boldly in this line of work for the pay check, benefits, schedule, etc. have any negative feelings in regard to this message? I don´t have the answer to that question. If you do, I NEED you to send it to me. I need you to enlighten me. If you refuse to do so, stop complaining. It´s really that simple. If your issue with me is that I "œdon´t understand" yet you refuse to enlighten me, you don´t deserve to maintain that issue.

I do respect everyone who does this job, at least on that account. However, respecting others doesn´t mean that I have to keep silent in regard to what I think is wrong, what I think needs corrected, what I think needs improved, etc. Somehow I think some people believe respect means never questioning, never asking what could improve, and never having a strong opinion about an approach, method, or style. That´s just silly. I can respect you and still have strong opinions, beliefs, and thoughts. It´s not disrespectful to state what I believe is good, and what I believe is bad. I would argue that it´s some kind of manipulation to try and silence someone who doesn´t agree with you by calling it disrespectful, or arrogant, or any other negative comment you can come up with.

One item on "œThe Truth" that some find offensive is the "œS.C.S. award" that goes to the "œVillain of the week". Apparently some see that as "œtoo negative". Well again this takes me back to my faith. We are told in the bible to not only avoid and shun evil, but to expose it. That´s good advice! It´s godly advice! Especially in a line of work that deals with the lives of children. Isn´t it of utmost importance to expose evil, wrong doing, etc. in our line of work more than any other? While I want to concentrate on the positives as much as possible, I will not stop exposing what´s wrong in this industry. I love kids too much to ignore that which not only need be avoided, but also EXPOSED. It´s my hope and prayer that you understand that, even if you don´t like it.

I issued an open invitation on "œThe Truth" for anyone who would like to join me here in my office for the recordings of "œThe Truth" in order to counter anything I talk about. I even believe that would be enjoyable! If anyone out there disagrees with anything I have to say, pleaser contact me to be a guest speaker on "œThe Truth". You and I can debate the issues I bring up. You can take the opportunity to enlighten me on what it is that I do not understand. All you have to do is drop me an e-mail at [email protected] Yes, I am serious. Are you?

Finally, I have a dream here at www.dontlietokids.net. I shared that dream on "œThe Truth" but will elaborate here. I have a dream that all house parents will passionately love their job and the kids in their home. That the back biting would end, that one could not like something yet still submit to it as if doing it for God instead of their earthly boss. Children can see, and we need to live daily knowing that. I have a dream that all house parents would rejoice and be glad when another house parent is successful. I hope to see the day that house parents stop being suspicious of one another and concentrate on what THEY do and not what others do or don't do. That we stop looking at our neighbors complaining about something not being "œfair", etc. That unless a child is being harmed, we mind our own business and congratulate one another for our accomplishments. I have a dream that all house parents would put their kids first, and way down on some priority list using the excuse that this "œmakes them stronger" in some way. I have a dream that all house parents would obtain the desire to die to themselves in order to live for Christ through service to the children in their care, realizing that no matter how much you give, how much you sacrifice, etc. it´s NOTHING in comparison to dying violently on an old wooden cross as you are mocked and spat upon. I have a dream that all house parents everywhere could stand with me on these issues even if they are different than me, even if they do the job another way, style or method, etc. I have a dream that none of what I ask is too much. I have a dream that one day the majority of us will stand in unity for the KIDS because Jesus showed us the way. Even those without faith surely can see the good in that. I have a dream that we DON´T LIE TO KIDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back