Hermann von Wied on Christ as a doctor with authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
OUR saviour God’s son Jesus Christ, which came into this world to the intent to open that wonderful, and hid will of God concerning the salvation of mankind, after this sort spake to his disciples, and to all them that are called to the ministry of his Gospel: As the father hath sent me, so I send you. And in another place: Go into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature, teaching them to keep all things that I have commanded you. Further God eternal, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, spake thus from heaven of his son: Him hear ye. Wherefore, let us constitute him a Doctor of authority, and judge of all writings. … And that Christ ought only to be heard, the father witnesseth also from heaven, saying: this is my son, in whom I am well pleased, hear him. Wherefore, if Christ only ought to be heard, we must not look, what any man before us hath thought good to be done, but what Christ first did, which is before all.

For more, see:

https://reformedcovenanter.wordpres...on-wied-on-Christ-as-a-doctor-with-authority/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back