High quality edition of Lex Rex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking_Thy_Kingdom

Puritan Board Sophomore
A few years ago I attempted to read Samuel Rutherfords Lex Rex, but did not get far because of the large amount of Latin text.

Is there an edition of this book with the Latin translated? Extra bonus if it is in nice high quality hardcover binding.

I have this copy of the version published by Sprinkle Publications and it's a nice hardcover edition. Nice price to boot!

Far as I know no one has issued an edition that translates the Latin, if untranslated by SR. Lex Rex really needs a good critical edition.

Far as I know no one has issued an edition that translates the Latin, if untranslated by SR. Lex Rex really needs a good critical edition.
Cool beans. Maybe a future product?

I want a copy of Samuel Rutherford's Free Disputations Against Pretended Liberty of Conscience. Please do that.

You are never going to be allowed to die. You have too much work to do Chris. ;)

Too many books, so little time. In this case all of Rutherford is being done in a RHB Rutherford set that I think is still planned, DV.
Cool beans. Maybe a future product?

I want a copy of Samuel Rutherford's Free Disputations Against Pretended Liberty of Conscience. Please do that.

You are never going to be allowed to die. You have too much work to do Chris. ;)

Projected time? Individual volumes? I would also love to have The Golden White Devil. I started typing it out at one time.
That's a line from one of his sermons (in NP's Scottish Commissioners' sermons) I think unless you know a work I am not aware of. The sermons before the English Houses of Parliament will appear somewhere. I think I was asked informally to contribute the text but don't recall.

That's a line from one of his sermons (in NP's Scottish Commissioners' sermons) I think unless you know a work I am not aware of. The sermons before the English Houses of Parliament will appear somewhere. I think I was asked informally to contribute the text but don't recall.
I was thinking Samuel Rutherford's "Survey of Spiritual Antichrist" which is actually a very shortened title to the original title. That was what I was working with. Pretended Conscience was part 1 and part 2 was a Survey of Antinomianism. I was working from a pdf photo looking digital library book. It was daunting. It was set in old English.

Unfortunately I never purchased the Sermons book you reference.

I am still recovering my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back