Historic Church Christmas Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
I went to a christmas service last night at an old baptist church near our home. The church building was aprox 2 miles down a muddy dirt road that we drove by 4x4. the bulding is a single room 24'x30' with no electricity-no one lives on the road anymore. It is being maintained/restored by a group of decendants of the original 4 families that built it.

My great-great uncle donated the land for the church that was built in 1914.

We had a standing room only crowd of 45! The congregation last night was made up of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren of the original members.

It was kind of sobering to see how much the faith of our fathers meant to them to go to the trouble to build this building and a great testamony to GOD's covenant faithfulness that so many of their children are still trusting in the GOD of their fathers.

I went to a christmas service last night at an old baptist church near our home. The church building was aprox 2 miles down a muddy dirt road that we drove by 4x4. the bulding is a single room 24'x30' with no electricity-no one lives on the road anymore. It is being maintained/restored by a group of decendants of the original 4 families that built it.

My great-great uncle donated the land for the church that was built in 1914.

We had a standing room only crowd of 45! The congregation last night was made up of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren of the original members.

It was kind of sobering to see how much the faith of our fathers meant to them to go to the trouble to build this building and a great testamony to GOD's covenant faithfulness that so many of their children are still trusting in the GOD of their fathers.

That is AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back