Status
Not open for further replies.

GillespieWestminster

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi, I read some posts about the use of headcovering, one of them brings together several quotes "against" the use of headcovering, I looked for one that did the opposite, but I couldn't find it, so I propose that the brothers can help here by putting quotes from authors along of the history that supported the use of the cover, I don't think it is that it did not have adherents in times past.

Lady Flynt had a post quite a while back with a lot of quotes I’ll try to find. I also have one I saved I can dig up and post when I find it.

This is a really old one.

“[E]very woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.”

- Apostle Paul

Hi, I read some posts about the use of headcovering, one of them brings together several quotes "against" the use of headcovering, I looked for one that did the opposite, but I couldn't find it, so I propose that the brothers can help here by putting quotes from authors along of the history that supported the use of the cover, I don't think it is that it did not have adherents in times past.

Here's a bunch of facts and quotes on the use of headcoverings from the time of the apostles to the present.

EDIT: This may be helpful too.

Transcript of a sermon by Pastor Michael Ives, of the
Presbyterian Reformed Church of Rhode Island
Preached on the Lord’s Day of March 18, 2018

Head Coverings in Worship?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back