House Church 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
I have a question and the thread was locked (sorry).

I am talking to a guy who has a "house church" and he is going on and on about A.W. Pink.

I was surprised so I asked him what he likes about Pink so much. Well, according to this fellow he claims Pink's writings on church structure is what his house church is based off of.

Does this make sense at all? Did Pink not have a strong stance on the normal Ecclesiology?

That is probably one of the few areas of Pink we should not absolutize. Pink did have some disappointment with the Church and withdrew for a while (maybe forever). I am sure Pink did not want it this way.

Pink, like all fallible men, is good at many points but must always be tried against the Scriptures. I am not aware of anything he taught that the house church movement could get ahold of and use, unless they are using it out of context.

It is true that he eventually grew so dissapointed with the church that he withdrew, he exiled himself. This was not a proper thing to do and if his reasons for disappointment which led him into this time of serious sin is being used by others to bash the church today, then they should be sure that if Pink were here now he would rebuke them and refuse to allow his name to be associated with their drivel.

Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back