How about Colosians 2:11-12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By u asking that, it shows me that u don't understand the actual process.

The sign(baptism) and thing signified (salvation) are not one and the same. However, as I have shown in both confessions, it can be, if God so wills.

For example, how is it that both confessions say that in baptism, certain things occur, sometimes:

b)of being grafted into him,
c) of remission of sins,

Not everytime , i.e. 'not tied to the moment'. Meaning, God is not obligated to save a person during the baptism. But, He can, and does as He sees fit.

Does Christ forgive the sins of the unregenerate?

So, to answer directly; Baptismal regeneration is Reformed. BR, like Rome espouses, is aberrant.
Water Baptism not required for salvation,entry into body of Christ, but would be in obedience to Lord.

David,
U need to answer my question: 'Does Christ forgive the sins of the unregenerate?'
Jesus died for His own Elect. Sinners receive eternal life when they believe into Him to save them Spirit baptism is all important, not water baptism.

Last edited:
Jesus did not die ior the sins of those who are still in their own sins. I do not understand what you are asking for here!

Because, the LBC states:

29.1 Baptism is an ordinance of the New Testament, ordained by Jesus Christ, to be to the person baptized a sign of fellowship with Christ in his death and resurrection, of being grafted into him,1 of remission of sins,2 and of giving up oneself to God, through Jesus Christ, to live and walk in newness of life."

If Christ didn't save people, as He so wills, when He wills, in baptism, how could a person be 'grafted into him, and have remission of sins?

Because, the LBC states:

29.1 Baptism is an ordinance of the New Testament, ordained by Jesus Christ, to be to the person baptized a sign of fellowship with Christ in his death and resurrection, of being grafted into him,1 of remission of sins,2 and of giving up oneself to God, through Jesus Christ, to live and walk in newness of life."

If Christ didn't save people, as He so wills, when He wills, in baptism, how could a person be 'grafted into him, and have remission of sins?
Water baptism reveals and shows one has been saved by Jesus before itd performed, not saved by it being performed.

Water baptism reveals and shows one has been saved by Jesus before itd performed, not saved by it being performed.

U mean, like Ananias and his wife? Simon Magus? Demas?

No one who places the sign, know the actual state of any man. Consider Judas. Did Peter or the apostles know he was the son of perdition? The sign is simply placed based upon confession(when speaking of adults). Ask your own pastor. Tell him what u said here in this quote. He will, I promise, correct u. Your premise is based upon nothing more than presumption. The confession is more accurate in saying that those baptized, those who are of Christ, at whatever time God decrees, are united to Christ and their sins, forgiven-but not all baptized. Just showing of course, that upon baptism, again, if God so wills, He can use the sacrament and regenerate a man at that time.

oh, and u again didn't interact and answer my question:

"If Christ didn't save people, as He so wills, when He wills, in baptism, how could a person be 'grafted into him, and have remission of sins?"

I am closing this down. David is slow in understanding this. He has had a lot of questions thrown at him because of his many questions and statements. I will reopen this later. I have not taken this stance lightly. Please forgive me. David does not understand everything that is being thrown at him. It isn't because he is unintelligent or that anyone is intelligent. He has had a lot questions of doctrines handed to him that pertain to baptism and this doctrine. They are complex. I wish the Reformed Baptist Brothers on this forum would help build him up. I am not a Reformed Baptist. I know the situation. He is not able to deal with this as I was years ago. He is trying to learn like I was.

Really? You feel comfortable saying that everyone that makes a confession to be baptized is truly saved and one of God's elect?[/QUO
Really? You feel comfortable saying that everyone that makes a confession to be baptized is truly saved and one of God's elect?

I believe that we can know that God has saved us, by the witness of the Spirit and by us having a changed heart and mind towards Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back