How are you all so sure of what you're supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother,

I'm 29 and have been where you are. I have made my way into a career which I enjoy, though I can say not all the details of what I specifically want to do within that pathway are cemented. But I've also learned two lessons, and I think I'm only restating what Alan Strange has said:

- It doesn't make much difference what you do, but who you are doing it for. "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." The work that is in front of you now is the work God gave you, so do it as though you're working for a king. Because you are. What God rewards is the attitude with which the work is done, whether it's the ideal career or not.
- Also, what is our chief purpose? "Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." Here, the job makes no difference at all, provided it's not sinful. Whatever else we do, or want to do, this is why we were created, this is task and privilege #1; and when we have this attitude, we will see we have the most satisfying and fulfilling employment of all, regardless what we are paid to do. This might not be career decision advice, but if you grasp this truth it will serve as a secure anchor for peace and contentment.

In concerns to a career choice, we are all made by God uniquely, and that individual design includes desires, wishes and hopes. I have to think that what you want to do is no small part in deciding where to go.

May God use the counsel of your pastors, close friends, and brothers and sisters in this thread to guide you to being the most fruitful worker you can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back