How confused are you about the Lord's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
Dominicum Servasti - Have You kept the Lord's Day?
10 Audio Lessons on the Sabbath, and Christian Sabbath

Have you ever thought through the teaching of the Lord's Day? Is there a Christian Sabbath which all Christians, for all time, must follow? Is the 4th commandment still applicable to us today? Is it simply a spiritual rest from sin or is it incumbent upon a Christian to keep a certain day? Can Christians choose which day they should worship on? In the following lessons those answers, and more, are answered:

Lesson 1: The Moral Law of God

Lesson 2: Natural Law, Genesis 2, and Exodus 16

Lesson 3: An Overview of the 4th Commandment

Lesson 4: The OT Witness to the 4th Commandment

Lesson 5: Jesus' Witness to the Sabbath

Lesson 6: The Change of the Sabbath to the Lord's Day

Lesson 7: The Application of the Lord's Day

Lesson 8: Appendix 1 - Puritan Ideas on the Lord's Day

Lesson 9: Appendix 2 - Colossians 2:16-17

Lesson 10: Appendix 3 - Calvin's View of the Sabbath

Find out more here:
http://www.apuritansmind.com/DominicumServastiAudioCD.htm

I'm going to order one also.

The idea of Sabbath/Lord's day has always perplexed me since early in my Christian walk. That perplexity was compounded when I stumbled upon some 7th day adventist literature. Also, I can testify that in 10+ years of attending regular services at various churches that I have NEVER heard even so much as one sermon or teaching that was devoted entirely to this subject. That always struck me as odd considering how often the subject is raised in the Scriptures.

After wrestling with the issue in the first couple of years as a Christian I kind of put it on the back burner but have since returned to it again -thanks to the puritans. I have a bunch articles I intend to read from off of the web and I just finished Walter Chantry's book Call The Sabbath a Delight.

This series will of help to you, I think. It is more in-depth than Chantry's book, but not in-depth enough to lose people who are trying to wrestle with some of the simple issues.

Webmaster,

Did you get my order for this series on the Sabbath?

I'm not sure if my order went through or not as there seems to have been some kind of a glitch that occured as I was finishing up the PayPal routine (yesterday). This ancient Macintosh likes to do strange things every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back