How do Australians sort out their theological differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand we are having a bit of fun on this post and I don't want to appear to be a "wet blanket"

But I do believe we as Australians are generally not good stewards with our native wildlife.
It is a cultural thing with us Aussies, I believe a bit of re-education is in order.
Please look at the THINKK website and read the statistics (it may change your opinion)

I grew up near Skippy Park and Smokey Dawson's Ranch. I spent many weekends there, and knew the Dawson's who were a lovely couple.
They taught me to love and respect animals (they were good role models) This was all before I made a Christian Confession.

The scariest part of Skippy park was the emu enclosure. As soon as you entered you were basically attacked.
I don't think you could get away with that nowdays

This has to gall those cheeky (or perhaps a bit insecure or jealous...) Kiwis.... :p

[h=1]Australia is the best country in the world to live
[/h]

Unfortunately Australia's living standards have dropped considerably since the 1970's thanks to our politicians,
we are quickly heading in a downward spiral & are well on the way to becoming a Third World Country!
so in honour of their momentous accomplishment the Australian National Anthem will now be sung to the tune of...

Gilligan's Island

Here are the lyrics to Australia's National Anthem "Advance Australia Fair"

Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history’s page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.

In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We’ll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who’ve come across the seas
We’ve boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia Fair.

In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

Usually only the first stanza is sung followed by the chorus.

Advance Australia Fair - Gilligan's Island Version

there's also another version of it sung to the tune of working class man which is a lot better than the original!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eobSMcB-nMA

or even to the house of the rising sun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back