How do I Change My Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBlack

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi there, I don't know if you can help me, but I want to change my user name from spainharvest to MattBlack or MatthewBlack or MatthewSBlack depending on what is available. Could you point me in the right direction as to how to do that? (I chose the "spainharvest" name years ago when I was a missionary in Spain. Thanks much!

Administrators used to be able to do it, but they might be a bit busy with the new software.

I assume we can do this on the new system. Contact an admin with the name you want and we'll see if we can make it happen.

NaphtaliPress, you asked me to contact an admin, and you are an admin, can you do it for me? My preferred names are: MattBlack or MatthewBlack or MatthewSBlack

No floodgates are open, folks. We normally do no do this except for some real mitigating circumstances. As above, a shiny new member, with only 8 posts would be one of them.

a shiny new member, with only 8 posts would be one of them.

Shiny new member? He's been around longer than you have. He's been here longer than Mr. Coldwell. Now, compared to the two of you, I might be a shiny new member....

I do recall one member who went through 3 or 4 names (at least one involuntary) in what seemed to be a matter of weeks.

My bad. I saw only 8 posts and made an illegal leap of logic. Change all the above to
"As above, a very infrequent poster, with only 8 posts spanning several years, would be one of them."

I think I might be guilty of changing my name several times before the new world order :p

Didn't one of the administrators issue you a name along the lines of Mad Cow at one point?
Hahaha I really can't remember. I do know one was transformer (I think) from some kind of movie that everyone thought would be cool. lol

I do know one was transformer

I had forgotten that one. I dug out the mad cow reference - looks like late August, 2009. You seemed to be really good humored about all of it.

I think it re-labels all your posts when you change your name, so if I hadn't brought it up, it probably would have been lost down the memory hole. Except for the NSA files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back