How Do You Use Facebook?

How do you use facebook?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Puritan Board Freshman
I am trying to think long term with how I use facebook and I thought this might be a good way to see what others are doing.

I used to have it and used it for spiritual conversations but quickly found out that there are very few people even claiming Christianity who share my convictions. I am even an oddball in the Reformed community. Anyway, it turned into people getting downright nasty at times even when I posted things in a kind manner so I got rid of my account.

I mostly keep up with distant family and friends.
Sometimes the theological wranglings are a very poor witness. I very rarely comment on friend's posts when they put up something controversial. Love the encouraging posts though. For me it's mostly about news.

I don't use it much, but I don't particularly have a set use for it. I talk about spiritual and non-spiritual things, but rarely do I actually talk on it. In fact, I plan on getting rid of it either after this school year or next. So I will be joining the under 40 crowd not on it!

Use it mainly to keep up with friends and family. I do not tend to use it as the majority of people do. There are times I want to just unload when hot topics come up but then I realize it would not do much good and there is probably a better area for a discussion.

I mainly use it to discuss news, continue inside jokes with my brothers and post pictures of myself (just kidding)

My wife and I use it do tell people about our ministry (Lifework Forum) and the publication of our forthcoming book, Children in Church: nurturing Hearts of Worship.

I also communicate with friends.

I use it to keep up with friends and family. Sometimes I post about spiritual things, but it doesn't always go over well. I usually keep it light on Facebook. I like it, because I have family I haven't seen in years. I wouldn't be in touch with them without it. It also allows me to see pictures of them all.

Other. I deactivated mine a while ago. Before that it was to occasionally to talk to people whose numbers I did not have but, now I have them.

I avoided Facebook for a long time, and just joined a few months ago as a requirement in order to join Spotify.

I use it very little, as the only updates I make are photo uploads via Instagram. I don't look at other people's accounts. I just have a simple profile of myself so that friends and family across the ocean can keep up.

I use it for getting word out on publications and a little for family but have recently. I've recently posted more broadly and earned some of the nasty troll stuff. If not for the publicity needs I don't think I'd hang in there with it.

Where's the option, "I post mostly pictures of cats and my lunch."

I was looking for, "I post simplistic graphics and quotes that sloganize complex political and social issues in order to increase my own sense of self-worth, and to shame others who disagree with me."

That seems to be the profile of a huge number of users, but maybe that was too long to fit in the poll.

I keep up with friends, family, and former students. Tim's family can watch Grace growing up, Andre and I follow Curt's page, I'm encouraged by Reformed quotes posted by lots of folks here, the cute things kids of PB'ers do, etc.

I'm guilty of posting posters--mostly anti-abortion and 2nd Amendment stuff. I only have one troll, and I know her in real life so I'm stuck with her!

I keep up with friends, family, and former students. Tim's family can watch Grace growing up, Andre and I follow Curt's page, I'm encouraged by Reformed quotes posted by lots of folks here, the cute things kids of PB'ers do, etc.

Me too. I personally like Facebook. I don't post much on PB, so it helps me keep up with people on Facebook.

I'm not even on Facebook. Must be the only human alive not on it under 40.

I'm over 40 - I have a computer in the closet that's 30 years old - so I don't qualify for the running tally. But the risks seem to far outweigh the benefits.

It's a way to casually keep up with news of friends. I post and read news, but debate nothing. I don't use it for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back