How does a baptist avoid dispensationalism and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worshiped at a Baptist Church out of state yesterday. There was a video screen and a band. There was a song that said when Jesus was on the cross he thought of me most of all, and between the song service and the preaching there was a 5 minute video that was pieced together from scenes from the Passion of the Christ. After that during the sermon the pastor said; "if you're here today and don't know Christ that don't mean you're bad." I wanted to raise my hand and say "yes it does." But, I held my tongue. The sermon was very light he told people they needed to be saved or they would go to hell but he never explained why they deserved hell or what Christ really did. There was at the end of the sermon an invitation asking people to surrender to Christ because he is waiting lovingly and patiently for everyone just to place thier faith in him. The pastor was a "Doctor" his voice sounded like Joel Osteen. It made me uneasy, worried, and a bit sad. The gospel was lightly touched on but in an incomplete way. After the service people claimed it was great and that God had been greatly glorified there that day. I don't understand.

Me either, brother.

I worshiped at a Baptist Church out of state yesterday.

How did you find this church?
Did you visit the websites for ARBCA, Founders, or FIRE as mentioned by Andres Sivla, Rae, or Jason on the 22nd and 23rd?
Was this a 1689 Church?

I worshiped at a Baptist Church out of state yesterday.

How did you find this church?
Did you visit the websites for ARBCA, Founders, or FIRE as mentioned by Andres Sivla, Rae, or Jason on the 22nd and 23rd?
Was this a 1689 Church?

I went with some family members I was visiting. It is a Southern Baptist Church. They are members there.

PS: There is a possibility I might visit your Church sometime. I am a candidate for a job in that area.

We'd love to have you.
Before joining my church I visited everty PCA in Tarrant County.
I think our church has more of an OPC than PCA "style" of worship.
It was started as an Independant Fundamentalist Baptist congregation.
We have been (and still are) in the process of reformation for the last ten years.

We'd love to have you.
Before joining my church I visited everty PCA in Tarrant County.
I think our church has more of an OPC than PCA "style" of worship.
It was started as an Independant Fundamentalist Baptist congregation.
We have been (and still are) in the process of reformation for the last ten years.

If I get the job we plan to relocate closer to that area. We have talked about dealing with the hour drive to our church we are currently members of, but if that gets too difficult we will search closer to that area. I did an internet search and your church is one of the closest reformed churches to where we may move. I am only saying this because I was told that I am the lead candidate for the position and that I should know sometime early this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back