How many books in your library now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some 343 odd books, not counting the school books and journals on some of my shelves. I had thought I had thousands in the past, but that's just not so, yet. ;-)

I only cataloged the rare books in the den, so my Book Collector Pro file only stands at 262 items (I really like that program; link given above). I turned it into a major project and so got tired of the work once those were done. I took pictures of each and then I had to dig through my files to get purchase dates and prices. Happily a large percentage of these books were purchased from David Lachman and I had kept all the correspondence and book lists; others I dug through old records which was tedious. But this was useful simply from the stand point of knowing the value of the collection and keeping track for future reference. I guess I should get the rest done but first I need to make a separate db of the research collection I have of various editions of the Westminster Standards. But too busy with other things to do that right now. About 120 editions are in that collection.

I guess I am not nearly so organized as you. I have about ten on my desk and on assorted horizontal surfaces about the living room. I believe there are three in the bathroom. There could be several that got kicked off the bed as I fell asleep reading at bed. As for the "organized" books - about 65 linear feet of booksheves.

While I'm in seminary, I have boxes and boxes of books in storage in various closets around the house. I have around 160 or so on the shelves.

I use Mediaman for my catalogging. It used to be free, but I think now it's $40. (But I still have the free version :) )

I started catalogging so that I could compile a report in case anything happened to our house. That way, I could tell my insurance agent, "Here is an itemized list of every book with it's retail value from Amazon.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back