How many posts until you graduate from Puritanboard Freshman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's great and everything. But is the thread really good enough to be labeled "42?"

Nay, the real question is- Is 42 great enough to grace this thread?

We, the emergent, have discussed this at great length (over eight inches) and decided that we will allow 42 to be present here on this greatest of threads until we decide that it no longer suits our collective fancy.

Theognome

I've noticed that this thread has been moved to Entertainment and Humour. How does this affect the greatness which is 42?

If you notice this notice, you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

I hadn't noticed that.

Theognome

ah, did you notice something worth noticing in the notice which was assumed to be not worth noticing?

This is a notice worth noting. Be on notice that at this notice I have noticed the thread of note noticing itself to be on notice towards the top posting note of all noticable postings.

I therefore, humbly submit myself to the goings on of this, the most ambiguous of all posts, for the purpose of postal credibility.

I have no idea how to proceed having had this remarkable epiphany but onward I shall press for the sake of the prize of PB graduation. :p

I've noticed that while Jon 316 started this thread, the awesomeness of this thread truly began when SemperErudito, who from now on will be known as the Great Emergent 42, decided to move it to it's true purpose. In the original words of the Great Emergent 42:

"Why not start meaningless threads too boost your post count.....

:eureka: ;)"

I've noticed that this thread has been moved to Entertainment and Humour. How does this affect the greatness which is 42?

This affects it in reducing it to a multiple of 6 rather than a multiple of 7.

Hail? I'll have to reinforce my tinfoil hat.

This is a notice worth noting. Be on notice that at this notice I have noticed the thread of note noticing itself to be on notice towards the top posting note of all noticable postings.

I therefore, humbly submit myself to the goings on of this, the most ambiguous of all posts, for the purpose of postal credibility.

Wouldn't all of the post posted to Santa that end up in dead letter piles in all of the post offices in the world be more ambiguously postal than this mountain of posts? Just Asking? :think:

-----Added 3/11/2009 at 10:05:09 EST-----

Wouldn't all of the post posted to Santa that end up in dead letter piles in all of the post offices in the world be more ambiguously postal than this mountain of posts? Just Asking?

The 2nd question mark was my attempt to augment the ambiguity of my previous post.

Wouldn't all of the post posted to Santa that end up in dead letter piles in all of the post offices in the world be more ambiguously postal than this mountain of posts? Just Asking? :think:

-----Added 3/11/2009 at 10:05:09 EST-----

Wouldn't all of the post posted to Santa that end up in dead letter piles in all of the post offices in the world be more ambiguously postal than this mountain of posts? Just Asking?

The 2nd question mark was my attempt to augment the ambiguity of my previous post.

Don't go postal on us now...

Theognome

Hey! A tautology!

Tautologies are irrelevant.
But, are tautologies therefore ambiguous irrelevancies, are ambiguities irrelevant tautologies, or are irrelevancies tautologous ambiguities?

And ultimately therefore, is Bill a non sequitur ambiguity?

Tautologies are irrelevant, so we can ignore those. Ambiguities are also irrelevant, so we can ignore them as well. And in closing, irrelevancies are irrelevant, so you can ignore everything I just said.

Finally, Theognome is neither a non-sequitur nor an ambiguity. He is an irrelevant tautology.

Tautologies are irrelevant.
But, are tautologies therefore ambiguous irrelevancies, are ambiguities irrelevant tautologies, or are irrelevancies tautologous ambiguities?

Tautologies are irrelevant, so we can ignore those. Ambiguities are also irrelevant, so we can ignore them as well. And in closing, irrelevancies are irrelevant, so you can ignore everything I just said.

Finally, Theognome is neither a non-sequitur nor an ambiguity. He is an irrelevant tautology.

When I say I don't like football, I mean that grid-iron team sports are not my cup of tea.

Theognome

When I say I don't like football, I mean that grid-iron team sports are not my cup of tea.

Theognome

I don't like waffles in my tea either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back