How much do you sin consciously on a daily basis?

How much do you sin consciously on a daily basis?

• All the time! My glory is in my shame! (24/7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most of the time. (14-24 hours)

• Quite often. (8-14 hours)

• Rarely. (0-2 hours)

• Christians don’t sin consciously! (0 hours)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InSlaveryToChrist

Puritan Board Junior
You heard the question.

Edit: I just realized conscious sinning doesn't necessarily take a lot of time, because when you sin against the conscience, you basically silence your conscience -- and after that you cannot sin consciously, at least in regards to the sin you silenced the conscience from accusing. So perhaps we should talk about minutes rather than hours.

Last edited:
Enough to know that I am a lost cause apart from Christ.

:amen:

And enough for me to be ashamed to discuss the subject. I'm just glad I can talk to the Lord about my more and less presumptious sins. It's not something that I think about in terms of minutes or hours.

Are you talking about committing conscious and countable acts of sin only, or are you also taking into account our constant state of being imperfect and sinful creatures and not loving God totally with our hearts and minds in anything we do?

--As far as conscious and deliberate acts of countable sin, I John tells us that Christians do not sin. And if we do, we have an advocate with the Father.
--As far as our imperfect state goes, all of our works are marred by sinfulness.

Are you talking about committing conscious and countable acts of sin only, or are you also taking into account our constant state of being imperfect and sinful creatures and not loving God totally with our hearts and minds in anything we do?

--As far as conscious and deliberate acts of countable sin, I John tells us that Christians do not sin. And if we do, we have an advocate with the Father.
--As far as our imperfect state goes, all of our works are marred by sinfulness.

Yes, I'm talking about countable sins only, that is, conscious sins. I'm not talking about secret sins.

I heard someone argue that almost no-one ever does conscious wrong, in that whatever they do they have somehow, on some level, justified to themselves.
I think there's food for thought in that idea, but a lot depends on defining terms, and I doubt if it would apply to believers anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back