• Several Times a year

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Once a month

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Never

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Seldem

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Deja Vu is demonic and I cannot comment on it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is something that we as leaders of the church need to be prepared to deal with as it may be something that non-believers will bring to the table, ready to confuse those in the church and lead them astray….

Any thoughts are welcome on this…

If somebody can document "deja vus" from over 40 different persons spanning thousands of years and have these "deja vus" align perfectly to build something as uniform and complementary as the scriptures maybe I start listening ;)

I'm pretty sure that Deja-vu is a glitch in the Matrix caused by inserting something into the program.

That's it!!!

Seriously, I've had it, and it's a bit unsettling.

I have deja vu and the jamais vu at a rate of 10-15 per day, for 4-6 days straight every 3 months. It's very unsettling.

:wow: I think you need to settle things in the Matrix before the Deja Vu virus takes total control of the system!

I read somewhere that consciousness (can't think of a better word for what you are "seeing" in your mind) can be briefly confused between what is coming from memory and what is being currently experienced. Makes sense to me. This is a very strong occurrence for me and I generally have to think for a few minutes to demonstrate to myself that this could not be previously experienced. Because I have a son with autism, I read a lot about the brain and have concluded that it's amazing that it works as well as it does all the time. The brain truly has a master designer and I can't wait to see how it works outside of this sinful world.

I'm pretty sure that Deja-vu is a glitch in the Matrix caused by inserting something into the program.

That's it!!!

Seriously, I've had it, and it's a bit unsettling.

I have deja vu and the jamais vu at a rate of 10-15 per day, for 4-6 days straight every 3 months. It's very unsettling.

:wow: I think you need to settle things in the Matrix before the Deja Vu virus takes total control of the system!

working on it. by the way, the way that the Matrix describes deja vu is pretty decent.

Have you had a medical professional look into this? You may have a concussion or something. Also it might be due to the fact that you are so involved in studying this. Generally the things we read/study/dwell on the most continue to pop up in our daily lives.

some say its a type of seizure including my daughters neurologist..they say it's a form of temporal lobe epilepsy

A brief history of déjà vu - Déjà Vu and Epilepsy

Déjà vu in temporal lobe epilepsy

Deja Vu, Epilepsy and Seizures | Houston Mischer Neuroscience Institute

According to Dr. Hope, depending on the part of the brain triggering the seizures, partial seizures may involve subjective feelings like "déjà vu" as in Nancy's case, fear, unusual smells or shaking of an arm or leg. “Most partial seizures spread from a single spot to a larger brain region at which point there is confusion, loss of awareness and/or amnesia and ultimately could spread to both hemispheres to cause a generalized or grand mal seizure,” said Hope.

So if it's happening frequently you may want to have that checked out.

As an infant I had high fever seizures, as an adult I've had deja vu, though not frequent...all three of my children have experienced episodes of deja vu, while only one of the three has seizures, and experiences the most cases of deja vu, and an aura, though her aura is one that she describes as bugs crawling up the inside of her body causing her to become sick, she also experiences the unusual smells--she is the only one on epilepsy medication.

One of the main things her doctors are concerned about is her having an episode, (being it a full blown seizure or a deja vu episode where she has memory loss)
because it can cause damage to the parts of the brain dealing with memories.

http://www.memorylossonline.com/pastissues/winter2001/storminthebrain.html

Last edited:
Auras are frequently associated with migraines; they can have a physical basis. I have both auras and migraines, but not related. When I was first diagnosed with migraines, I had auras. I was bounced from psychiatrist to neurologist to psychiatrist and back again. The psychiatrists said I wasn't nuts, I must have a neuro problem. The neurologist said I didn't have a neuro problem, I must be nuts. Finally a neurologist took the time to do a really good medical history. He told me to lay off chocolate, and it worked. No more migraines and very few more auras. Reading up on this, cheeses and wines work the same as chocolate. Try to lay off all three. It may help.

I rarely have deja vu any more, but I remember having it more often when I was a kid. Not sure why that is.

I think this would characterize me ... I don't recall the last time that it has happened to me as an adult, but when I was a child-teenager, I experienced it with more frequency. I have never thought much about it, other than I must have been in a similar situation some other time & my mind is connecting those things. To tell you the truth, I still don't think about it much when it does occur.

I've also had vu jade: the feeling of never experiencing it before :)

(I think posts on lucid dreams would be interesting...)

By the description given I would say I experience it rarely and when I do it never happens the exact/B] way I pictured it would..so i'm not sure thats even deja vu..

maybe I need to change my answer :think:

some say its a type of seizure including my daughters neurologist..they say it's a form of temporal lobe epilepsy

According to Dr. Hope, depending on the part of the brain triggering the seizures, partial seizures may involve subjective feelings like "déjà vu" as in Nancy's case, fear, unusual smells or shaking of an arm or leg. “Most partial seizures spread from a single spot to a larger brain region at which point there is confusion, loss of awareness and/or amnesia and ultimately could spread to both hemispheres to cause a generalized or grand mal seizure,” said Hope.

As an infant I had high fever seizures, as an adult I've had deja vu, though not frequent...all three of my children have experienced episodes of deja vu, while only one of the three has seizures, and experiences the most cases of deja vu, and an aura, though her aura is one that she describes as bugs crawling up the inside of her body causing her to become sick, she also experiences the unusual smells--she is the only one on epilepsy medication.

One of the main things her doctors are concerned about is her having an episode, (being it a full blown seizure or a deja vu episode where she has memory loss)

A Storm in the Brain

I;d agree with this post. i've read those articles before on the subject.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Have you had a medical professional look into this? You may have a concussion or something. Also it might be due to the fact that you are so involved in studying this. Generally the things we read/study/dwell on the most continue to pop up in our daily lives.

Its a long story. Send me a PM if you are interested in hearing about it....

A Storm in the Brain

This was probably the most informative set of posts I have found on the topic.

Strange Deja Vu, followed by nausea, dizziness and confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back