How sincere is your love for Jesus? William Pinke's new work will test you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
The Trial of a Christian’s Sincere Love to Christ – by William Pinke (1599–1629)

William Pinke, A.M. (1599–1629) was a learned puritan reformed divine and was known as an excellent classical scholar and linguist...and powerful preacher. He died in February 1629, before the promise of his abilities was fulfilled, at a young age.

This work will test your faith. The Apostle Paul says we should examine ourselves...well, this one will certainly do that!

This work was Pinke’s most popular and well-received treatise on the sincere love of the one true Christ, to Jesus Christ. He works from three texts, “If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be anathema maranatha,” (1 Corinthians 16:22). “Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity,” (Ephesians 6:24). And, “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple,” (Luke 14:26). He covers loving the Lord Jesus Christ at his coming, what a true Christian is, having a sincere love to Christ, and our highest love to Christ.

This is a masterful treatise from a young preacher, only 30 years old, but with a biblical depth unmatched from teaching and preaching generally given today.

This is not a scan or facsimile, and has been updated in modern English for easy reading. It also has an active table of contents for electronic versions.

ePub Package at the Puritan Shop
The Trial of a Christian's Sincere Love to Christ – by William Pinke

Kindle Version
The Trial of a Christian's Sincere Love to Christ: William Pinke: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Hardback version
The Trial of a Christian’s Sincere Love to Christ by William Pinke (Hardcover)

TrialChristianPinkeCOVER PS.jpg

I am so thankful for your website and all the hard work you put into it for the blessing of God's people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! May God continue to bless you and your ministry.

Thanks brother. We will continue to exhaust ourselves for God's kingdom, and increase the Kingdom of Christ one book at a time.
And I'm equally thankful for all those that help me in the endeavors! I would not be able to do this without them.

I, likewise am very thankful Matthew. I have purchased a few of these works and will continue to do so. These are works I would have never considered plowing through were it not for your labors and the subsequent benefits are growth both historically and practically in my Christian knowledge and gospel works. I am forever in your debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back