How Tall was Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try here: [Fwd: Homo tricubitalis]

I think this is the book he is referring to: The Messiah Jesus and John the Baptist according to Flavius Josephus' recently rediscovered 'Capture of Jerusalem' and other Jewish and Christian sources

I couldn't resist... ;)

42593952.jpg

rtcol_tn_sign_height.jpg

Whew! 4'6''! Just tall enough for Paul to ride his favorite ride all by himself! Now THAT would have been embarrassing! :p

Craig Evans, in a class thtat I took a few years ago on NT backgrounds said that the average hight for a man at the time of Christ was 5'2". For women it was around 4'10".

So in that context 4'6" is not as short as it would be today.

rtcol_tn_sign_height.jpg

Whew! 4'6''! Just tall enough for Paul to ride his favorite ride all by himself! Now THAT would have been embarrassing! :p

Yes, the Galatian Gyrotron was his favorite ride. He and Peter rode it together often. Unfortunately, one time Peter had stopped by to visit some new Gentile converts on the way, and he didn't sit down to eat with them because he didn't want to lose his lunch. Let's just say Paul was not happy... :p

But Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 9Acts 13:9, ESV)

So why did Paul change his name from Saul, or did he always have the two names?

3972. Paulos pow'-los of Latin origin; (little; but remotely from a derivative of 3973, meaning the same); Paulus, the name of a Roman and of an apostle:--Paul, Paulus.

7586 Sha'uwl shaw-ool' passive participle of 7592; asked; Shaul, the name of an Edomite and two Israelites:--Saul, Shaul.

There is a description of Paul in the apocryphal "Acts of Paul and Thecla":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_Paul_and_Thecla

Not a source one could have any confidence in even regarding the physical description of the Apostle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back