Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Amazon.com: How to Avoid Huge Ships (9780870334337): John W. Trimmer: Books

Someone shared this link on Facebook. The first comment is priceless:

A Parent's Review
By Noel D. Hill

Format:paperback

As the father of two teenagers, I found this book invaluable. I'm sure other parents here can empathize when I say I shudder at the thought of the increasing influence and presence of huge ships in the lives my children. I certainly remember the strain I caused so long ago for my own parents when I began experimenting with huge ships. The long inter-continental voyages that kept my mom and dad up all night with worry. Don't even get me started on the international protocols when transporting perishable cargo. To think, I was even younger than my kids are now! huge ships are everywhere and it doesn't help that the tv and movies make huge ships seem glamorous and cool. This book helped me really approach the subject of huge ships with my kids in an honest, open and non judgmental way. Because of the insights this book provided, I can sleep a little better and cope with the reality that I can't always be there to protect my kids from huge ships, especially as they become adults. I'm confident that my teens, when confronted by a huge ship, are much better prepared to make wiser decisions than I did. At the very least my children certainly know that they can always come to me if they have any concerns, questions or just need my support when it comes to the topic of huge ships.

The book is only $599.00

Both a timely and a timeless message. $600 is a steal for that level of parental wisdom.

I understand the sequel is due out soon:

Dinghies: Insidious Gateway Vessels

One of the top four shopping cart reference guides
By Mitch
Format:Hardcover
This book is easily one of the top four reference guides for shopping carts available on the market today. It does an excellent job of covering the following topics:

* Shopping carts

Overall, I heartily endorse this product.
:rofl:

Did you notice that there are used copies available for these masterpieces? That means someone actually purchased them. Either this is someone's college project, a rather expensive joke, or P. T. Barnum was right. :think:

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't even have the guts to try to purchase one of these books to see if they're real but how could a book on shopping carts in North America ever get published? I've got to think that this is some sort of joke that Amazon somehow knows about and doesn't allow to go through if the person actually tries to purchase the item.

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't even have the guts to try to purchase one of these books to see if they're real but how could a book on shopping carts in North America ever get published? I've got to think that this is some sort of joke that Amazon somehow knows about and doesn't allow to go through if the person actually tries to purchase the item.
The Shopping cart one is a satire on bird guides, or so I am told. It probably makes for a good coffee table book. I would buy it if I had a coffee table or friends to entertain.

The whole page is a spoof. Look at the items for sale in the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back