How to Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Well you guys motivated me. I've had a "How to" site for some time that helps people set up websites. I had intended to create a page on streaming audio for a long time now. A few years ago I had uploaded two years worth of sermons and Sunday School for our tiny OPC Church in Temecula. I imagine only a dozen people ever listened to it but I learned a lot about the process then. Podcasting and cheap digital voice recorders have only made the process more simple.

I have created a web page how to podcast. Please visit the page if interested. I would like some feedback, positive or negative, on how useful/clear the information is.

I'm hoping it might help some here to create their own podcasts. You don't need a robust web hosting account to do this very easily from your existing web host. I know some use Sermon Audio. That's a good place but, again, if you already pay for web hosting and have the space/bandwidth then host and publish your podcast on your existing hosting account rather than paying for two hosting accounts.

Col.

That is very good information. Thank you, sir.

BTW, I love the photo you are currently (26Mar06) using for your avatar.

SF,
Lawrence

I updated the article with one detail at the end today. I bought an iPod Nano and really enjoy how simple the process of Podcasting is. Turns out that once you create a graphical link to a podcast.xml file that you can drag that into the Podcasts folder on your iTunes. It then downloads the MP3's and syncs with your iPod/MP3 player. Very slick and easy.

It was cool being able to listen to R.C. Sproul talk about the Sin of David while working out. Much more edifying than AFN!

Originally posted by SemperFideles
It was cool being able to listen to R.C. Sproul talk about the Sin of David while working out. Much more edifying than AFN!
I bet it was. I've had my experiences with AFN (and even when it was known as AFRTS). Very one-dimensional (and that's putting it nicely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back